The Student Room Group

Accounting Apprenticeship

I’ve finished my a levels a while ago (B,C,C). Realised Uni wasn’t for me and have been working since. Was thinking of doing an accounting apprenticeship. Specifically I was thinking of an AAT level 4 and then moving onto ACCA level 7.
Are my grades good enough or if anyone has done anything similar what was it like? Any help appreciated.
Original post by JI78600
I’ve finished my a levels a while ago (B,C,C). Realised Uni wasn’t for me and have been working since. Was thinking of doing an accounting apprenticeship. Specifically I was thinking of an AAT level 4 and then moving onto ACCA level 7.
Are my grades good enough or if anyone has done anything similar what was it like? Any help appreciated.

I'm in the same situation as you lmao, I got a C in Accounting (2 marks off a B) and want to progress with a degree apprenticeship or similar... have applied to a few firms but have got no response
Reply 2
Hi there,
I suggest that you take AAT diagnostic test (AAT website) in order to ascertain where your knowledge is at. It is not very likely that you'll find a provider offering L4 apprenticeship without you having completed L3 at the first place. Of course, I don't have sufficient data and a lot depends on your current job role and the Skills, knowledge and behaviours (SKB) scan you'll be asked to fill in prior to onboarding.

You do have a choice:
1. complete an apprenticeship (either apply for an apprenticeship finance role or ask the existing employer to support you)
2. take the level commercially - tuition should be covered by a student loan if taken through a college
3. go it alone - become a student member, self-study and take exams (perhaps with some private tutor/peer support)

It is worth noting that L3 Diploma has just become mandated for the Assisstant accountant apprenticeship, over and above a knowledge test and a professional discussion underpined by a Portfolio of evidence. All of these details are available on AAT website.

Hope this helps 😊
Hi

Lorna here from ACCA. That's great to hear you're interested in an accounting apprenticeship.

With ACCA you can start at any level. In England you can choose from either our level 4 foundations qualification or the full ACCA Qualification, which is level 7 and the same level as a masters. You don't necessarily need to do AAT first although you can do, as there are no minimum academic requirements into order to begin studying at Foundations level. Entry points for the full qualification will vary depending on academic qualifications and experience to date, but there is a starting point for everyone.

Also lots of big organisations will be opening their apprenticeship programmes for applications over the autumn, so now is a great time to start looking at what's out there.

I hope that helps, let me know if you have any further queries!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending