?
Original post by chocoa
It's traditional.

They use a method called syndicate learning..basically peer-assisted learning
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 141
I'm coming to study in Glasgow in September and am looking at halls and prices etc. Looking around to see if I can save any money because the Glasgow Uni ones are quite expensive for me! I've seen nice ones that are next to Murano... was wondering if anyone knew if you can still get the SRC minibus even if you don't live in glasgow uni halls? was on the glasgow student representative council's website and the way it is worded is that it is free for students of glasgow uni... not just for those who live in the halls. Just wondering if anyone knew the answer! Thanks :smile:
Reply 142
Hello,

I am planning on joining the University of Glasgow in 2014 and I'm from Romania. After looking on the university's website I found that I need to score at least 9,5 in the Romanian Baccalaureate, but on some thread here I found that people from the UK were asked to achieve ABB in their A Levels, which would mean 8,9 in the Baccalaureate. So my question is, do I need 9,5 in the Romanian Baccalaureate or would 8,9 be sufficient?
Reply 143
Original post by bellavid
Hello,

I am planning on joining the University of Glasgow in 2014 and I'm from Romania. After looking on the university's website I found that I need to score at least 9,5 in the Romanian Baccalaureate, but on some thread here I found that people from the UK were asked to achieve ABB in their A Levels, which would mean 8,9 in the Baccalaureate. So my question is, do I need 9,5 in the Romanian Baccalaureate or would 8,9 be sufficient?

You need to take in the Romanian Baccalaureate the mark that they ask you for in the offer. For example, I have applied for English and German at Nottingham and the usual offer is ABB (which is an 10-8-8, I think) and they asked me for an 7 overall score in Romanian Diploma de Bacalaureat. By the way, I am really curious to find out where are you from. Botosani's speaking!
Reply 144
Original post by Ruca
You need to take in the Romanian Baccalaureate the mark that they ask you for in the offer. For example, I have applied for English and German at Nottingham and the usual offer is ABB (which is an 10-8-8, I think) and they asked me for an 7 overall score in Romanian Diploma de Bacalaureat. By the way, I am really curious to find out where are you from. Botosani's speaking!

Thanks for the reply! I guess that the grade they ask you depends on how many applicants there are. Another Moldavian speaking here, all the way from Galati!
Reply 145
Thanks for the reply! I guess that the grade they ask you depends on how many applicants there are. Another Moldavian speaking here, all the way from Galati!

Great! Wish you the best!
I firmed English Literature at Glasgow on Monday and I just saw on a PDF file about how the course will be taught that, when picking subjects, in year 2: "The other subjects should include Level 1 English Language if not taken in Year 1."

Have I got this right; in either year 1 or year 2 you have to take English Language? I don't mind at all, just want to be sure.
Reply 147
Hello,

I applied for the MRes "Sociology and Research Methods".
I unfortunately do not know anyone from the University of Glasgow (as I am not from the UK) and I would be very happy to get a personal feedback about Sociology at Glasgow Uni or any personal experience. How is the social science department? What is special about Sociology in Glasgow (of course I did a little research before I applied but would be curious what other students or members have to say)?

Thanks in advance!
Original post by IgnatiusReilly
I firmed English Literature at Glasgow on Monday and I just saw on a PDF file about how the course will be taught that, when picking subjects, in year 2: "The other subjects should include Level 1 English Language if not taken in Year 1."

Have I got this right; in either year 1 or year 2 you have to take English Language? I don't mind at all, just want to be sure.

Yep, you have to take it in either year :smile: If you take it in first year then you can go on to take it in second year too. If you choose to take it only in second year then you'll only get one year of it. It's not particularly challenging, it's essentially the same as English Language A Level. The freedom to take several subjects in the first two years is one of the best parts of the degree, you might end up loving something you'd never even considered before!
(edited 11 years ago)
Hello,

Hey! I've applied for German and Russian at the Uni of Glasgow and they asked for 9 overall in the Romanian Bac with no less than 8,5 in any of the subjects, so you'd have to aim for a bit more than 8,9 but nothing close to a 9,5.
Cheers from Hunedoara and good luck with your application next year!
Original post by IgnatiusReilly

I believe so yes, two of my friends do English lit at Glasgow and they've both had to take English language too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 151
Hello,
I am a German student and I received an offer for studying business and management starting September 2013. I have always wanted to study in the US for at least a year so I was wondering how usual it is for students to study abroad during their third year? And is it easy to get in to one of the American universities (such as UC, or University of Miami) as a Glasgow student?
Thank you in advance!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yrosie
I'm coming to study in Glasgow in September and am looking at halls and prices etc. Looking around to see if I can save any money because the Glasgow Uni ones are quite expensive for me! I've seen nice ones that are next to Murano... was wondering if anyone knew if you can still get the SRC minibus even if you don't live in glasgow uni halls? was on the glasgow student representative council's website and the way it is worded is that it is free for students of glasgow uni... not just for those who live in the halls. Just wondering if anyone knew the answer! Thanks :smile:

Hi there,

Yes, you would be able to make use of the free SRC mini-bus service, just as long as you are able to get along to any of the University Halls for pick up and drop off!

More details about what the University has to offer in terms of accommodation can be found on our website here:
http://www.gla.ac.uk/undergraduate/accommodation/

Good luck with your plans to come to Glasgow and with finding the right accommodation.

Rose (UK Student Recruitment Officer).
Reply 153
I've just firmed my place for History and Latin starting in September :smile: I'm really looking forward to it, apart from the fact I'll be living at home, as I'm only 20 minutes walk away from the uni... Is anyone else staying at home? Xxxxx
Reply 154
So I am American, and just received my unconditional offer, I am planning on accepting it. Just getting the funds together for the Deposit. My question is: If I make a bank transfer of the funds, will it come across as Pounds? I've converted what I think is the equivalent US Dollars, but it says in the email that the funds must be in Pounds.

Thanks,
hi, I have one inquiry. Is the MSc Mechanical Engineering at University of Glasgow an accredited course because I couldn't find any information regarding this on the website.
Thanks
Hiya,

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm wondering how often you add new degrees to your prospectus? I want to do optometry in Scotland but Cali is the only uni to offer it, and I'd prefer to go to Glasgow. I know you recently added biomed engineering so I'm wondering if there were any plans to add an optometry department? It's a long shot but I'm curious.
Reply 157
Will Glasgow School of Art students will be able to play in the sports clubs/teams from 2013/14? Apparently from this year 2012/13 there are no facilities for GSA students to play any sports whatsoever and can now only use the gym (just 250 places for the whole school).

Will the constitution will be changed for 2013/14 onwards as they had previously been able to be active in club sports and represent teams at the University of Glasgow? The degrees at GSA are validated by the University of Glasgow.
Hey, I hold an offer for economics. I would like to study earth sciences alongside economics and I believe this is possible because it says on the website that the entry requirements do not require previous knowledge. However, I often see people say that you decide what other subjects to study when you arrive when talking to your adviser of studies, and that it might be down to timetabling constraints.

Studying earth science alongside economics is quite essential for what I am interested in, so can you guarantee me that I will be able to study it? I would like to have confidence in knowing I can definitely study it before I firm my place.

Thank you!
Reply 159
Original post by Rio-Glasgow
After waiting all this time (apologies), it's a very short answer - No, it will not affect your chances.

Good luck.

UK Recruitment Team

Hello!

Dear Sir/Madam

I'm in the process of accepting my placement at your university for veterinary science. I have a quick question that I need answered, I hope you could help me soon:
How to I write my 'Written acknowledgement of acceptance' ? First off, is it scanned or a soft copy? Then I'd also like to know what I'm supposed to include in it because writing a one liner like 'I accept my offer at uni glasgow' sounds obviously silly :wink: and that's the only idea I had at the moment :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending