The Student Room Group

Fashion Public Relations at LCF 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Exactly...I think they like to see personality, when I went on fashion career course they said to wear one 'statement' item which conveyed a bit of yourself :smile: Have you done much work experience? I'm so worried I haven't done enough as I know LCF really look for that!
Reply 41
Ah okay! Hm not really! I've worked in retail, I've done a bit of modelling, I'm a college magazine editor and stuff but that's it! Have you?
Reply 42
Yeah.. I did two weeks with Arcadia in the Burton mens buying department and then the BHS mens buying department. I then did a research marketing project and business work for a charity called Fashion Sussex. But other than that nothing. Though none of it is PR related :s-smilie: so i'm still trying to get some more! And ah retail work is so good! I've been trying to get work in a shop..but I'm still working in a garden centre and as a waitress....very un-glamorous! :P x
Reply 43
I don't think they're that fussed! They're gonna teach us that! From what I've heard they're more bothered about your grades, commitment and interest in fashion! It would be pretty hard to have work experience in that already! Are you in year 13? Ah well, I'm not working in retail any more... I'm a waitress at a milkshake bar so pretty un-glamorous too! :P x
Reply 44
Ah that's a relief then! :biggrin: and yeah I'm in year 13 A levels..so your right they can't really expect too much when we have college full time! x
Reply 45

Original post by cjag
I have mine next Wednesday so on the 14th! I'l let you know what its like :smile: ..what are you thinking about wearing? :tongue:

hey! i've got a interview for Nottingham Trent on the 14th too! have no clue what to wear...
also applied for Fashion PR at LCF, Fashion Promotion & Communication at Northumbria and Huddersfield, only heard back from huddersfield and nottingham trent so far! :smile:
Jw what size is everyones portfolio ?
Reply 47
hey my interview for ravensbourne is on the 15th so could you tell me how it goes please :smile: and tell me what they ask you
and yeahh i got an email from lcf i got really scared too haha xx
Reply 48
Original post by gracejones.
Jw what size is everyones portfolio ?

my portfolio is A1 size yours?
Reply 49
Original post by kirstyvf
hey! i've got a interview for Nottingham Trent on the 14th too! have no clue what to wear...
also applied for Fashion PR at LCF, Fashion Promotion & Communication at Northumbria and Huddersfield, only heard back from huddersfield and nottingham trent so far! :smile:

That's so similar to me! I also applied for PR at lcf and then fashion p&c at northumbria, but then applied to southampton and southampton solent, both for fashion marketing. And that's so good..I'l see you there! :smile: ....and I know its hard to decide..:s what do you think of the 'debate' questions they sent us..
Reply 50

Original post by cjag
That's so similar to me! I also applied for PR at lcf and then fashion p&c at northumbria, but then applied to southampton and southampton solent, both for fashion marketing. And that's so good..I'l see you there! :smile: ....and I know its hard to decide..:s what do you think of the 'debate' questions they sent us..

aww sounds good :smile:
haha yeah, see you there! I'm thinking of just like smart casual kinda thing, its going to take me so long to decide though :P
hmmmm they're okay, the second one confuses me, but I guess they're not expecting us to be experts haha, but I suppose most of us will feel the same about those debate questions...
Reply 51
I thought the debate questions for NTU were okay I'm just worried about having the debate with a really mouthy person haha! What are your portfolios like? Mine's an A4 book instead of a proper portfolio! Can you tell me what the interview is like when you go seeing as you're before me? Good luck!! :smile:
i was gonna do a book but my teacher told me to do an A3 portfolio instead so thats what I've done.
Reply 53
I can't believe you guys have applied and everything already! I haven't even finished my personal statement!
Reply 54
Original post by rach2893
I can't believe you guys have applied and everything already! I haven't even finished my personal statement!

aw you've still got a month! where are you applying to?
Heard back from LCF - was just an acknowledgement email but its still something :smile:
Reply 56
i got an offer for university of creative arts - has anyone heard back from them ?
Reply 57
well done! I didn't go to it because I've withdrawn my application from there as I didn't like it haha :smile: how was the interview?
Reply 58
Hey, I've applied at LCF for Fashion PR, Nottingham Trent for Fashion Communication and Promotion and UCA for Fashion Promotion and Imaging. I'm just wondering what sort of portfolios you guys all have? A4/A3/A1? What sort of stuff are you putting in it? Also, for those with offers, when did you send off your application? So how long did you have to wait? Sorry for the 20 questions haha! Good luck to everyone :smile:
Reply 59
Original post by imy7
Hey, I've applied at LCF for Fashion PR, Nottingham Trent for Fashion Communication and Promotion and UCA for Fashion Promotion and Imaging. I'm just wondering what sort of portfolios you guys all have? A4/A3/A1? What sort of stuff are you putting in it? Also, for those with offers, when did you send off your application? So how long did you have to wait? Sorry for the 20 questions haha! Good luck to everyone :smile:

Hey i applied in like November and has got a conditional offer for UCA for fashion promotion and had an interview with ravensbourne - My portfolio was A1 - however my portfolio was more of a textiles based - but i advise you to have loads on blogs in yur portfolio , written work and also pictures which are taken from you and also add some textiles work but not to much :smile: Good Luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending