The Student Room Group

Uni

Hi,
I'm currently taking History, Law, Psychology and Textiles as A-Levels. I wanna study either law or fashion design at university but I don't really know what kind of extracurricular stuff I should do for UCAS/ applying to university and my aim is to get into either Cambridge Law, Oxford Law or Central Saint Martins for Fashion.
If you have any ideas, please let me know :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by acolourfulhuman
Hi,
I'm currently taking History, Law, Psychology and Textiles as A-Levels. I wanna study either law or fashion design at university but I don't really know what kind of extracurricular stuff I should do for UCAS/ applying to university and my aim is to get into either Cambridge Law, Oxford Law or Central Saint Martins for Fashion.

You don’t necessarily need experience to get onto the course a personal statement is all about how you can apply the skills you’ve learnt at a-level, why you are interested in the course and where you aspire for your degree to take you. Even mentioning books you’ve read related to the subject really helps.
With fashion design courses anything that show’s creativity helps.

Although when applying you will have to choose one subject unfortunately.
Speak to your careers advisor or subject teacher in your sixth form/college they should be able to advise.
For fashion, particularly CSM you’re going to need an amazing portfolio of work. The majority of people who apply to CSM for fashion end up with an offer for LCF instead or are advised to take a FAD
Original post by acolourfulhuman
Hi,

Hi @acolourfulhuman!

One of the most important things when applying to a university course is that you show dedication to the subject matter. To do this, have a look at extracurricular things you can do which either directly apply to the course of your choice or things that have transferable skills such as debating (if you are looking at law). Other than that, when writing your personal statement make sure that you get across your personality and that you are a well-balanced individual who is certain in both the choice of course and going to university. Unfortunately, I have very little experience in the fashion world but I am sure that the requirements are very similar!

Good luck :smile:

Sophie
thank u everyone for replying:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest