The Student Room Group

Fashion Management: UoM or UAL (LCF)?

Received offers from both universities, however unsure which to firm.
While UoM is a well respected university that is overall ranked highly, LCF was just ranked 1st in the world for Fashion & Arts courses. Nevertheless, the course is more academic than creative, so I was thinking that maybe going to Manchester would be more valuable? But then again, the whole fashion industry is based in London pretty much, so really unsure what to do. Would really appreciate some advice/insights.
Reply 1
Heyy do you have an update for us? cuz I'm in the same predicament right now. what did you end up choosing
Original post by lejaklep
Received offers from both universities, however unsure which to firm.
While UoM is a well respected university that is overall ranked highly, LCF was just ranked 1st in the world for Fashion & Arts courses. Nevertheless, the course is more academic than creative, so I was thinking that maybe going to Manchester would be more valuable? But then again, the whole fashion industry is based in London pretty much, so really unsure what to do. Would really appreciate some advice/insights.

I have this exact problem, LCF for Fashion Management (Bsc) and UoM Fashion Marketing (Bsc).
Manchester has always been my dream but now I am second guessing with the connections I could make in LCF. However, CSM has always been better for UAL so wondering whether to go for UoM.
I guess it depends what you want to do later on, more business (UoM) or more creative (LCF).
Original post by Lya K
Heyy do you have an update for us? cuz I'm in the same predicament right now. what did you end up choosing

Did you manage to make a choice? and how did you reach this?
Manchester isn’t even the best university in Manchester for fashion related degrees. MMU is far better connected.

There’s been threads on TSR saying that the LCF course is also more of a general marketing degree and not fashion specific enough.

What are your other choices?

Quick Reply

Latest