The Student Room Group

RAF Fitness Test Tommorrow! What speed?

Hi all

I have my PJFT tommorrow and I have to run 2.4 km in a minimum of 11.11 mins

What speed in km will I need to have the treadmill at and does the instructor give you time to reach that speed before they start the clock?
Reply 1
No, the clock will start when the treadmill starts, so you have to factor in it getting up to speed.

To be honest though, it's a pretty simple SDT calculation. It'll be good practice to figure it out yourself.
Reply 2
Distance / Time = Speed x 60 = 12.96km/h

So in theory 13km/h but maybe I'm going to have to crank it up to 14km/h just to be safe?
Reply 3
Original post by daggerbolt

So in theory 13km/h but maybe I'm going to have to crank it up to 14km/h just to be safe?

If you run it at 18km/h you should be safe, plus you'd get a very competitive time! Surely the best speed to go at is the fastest you can cope with, what have you been training at?
Reply 4
It usually takes treadmills about 35 seconds to go from still to 13km/h, also what incline will they have you on?
Reply 5
Original post by daggerbolt

There we go. 14km/h will definitely get you in beneath 11.11 if that's all your aiming for. If memory serves you need about 14.5 with a good finish to make light blue (10.14). I'd recommend ramping the speed up more and more as the test goes on, you should be sprinting the last hundred metres or so.

And cid, the incline will be at 0.
Reply 6
waheyy! 14 km/h and I got 10 mins 20 :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest