The Student Room Group

RAF BRTC from a parent's POV

My son is a few weeks in now and the little bit of info I did manage to find out beforehand came predominantly from this page, but I was still woefully ill prepared for what was to come. To help other people I have started a blog of how it’s been so far. I can’t put a link on here but if anyone fancies a read please do feel free to inbox me and I’ll reply with a link to it
Original post by Kate raf
My son is a few weeks in now and the little bit of info I did manage to find out beforehand came predominantly from this page, but I was still woefully ill prepared for what was to come. To help other people I have started a blog of how it’s been so far. I can’t put a link on here but if anyone fancies a read please do feel free to inbox me and I’ll reply with a link to it

I’ve got my start date, over a month to go. could you share anything that would help?
Reply 2

Get a few rolls of sniper tape and guard them with your life. You’ll be the most popular one in the room.

A decent handheld hoover will serve you well

Take an A4 cheap whiteboard from Amazon for easy box folding

Good luck! Remember it’s meant to be a challenge xx

Original post by Kate raf

Get a few rolls of sniper tape and guard them with your life. You’ll be the most popular one in the room.

A decent handheld hoover will serve you well

Take an A4 cheap whiteboard from Amazon for easy box folding

Good luck! Remember it’s meant to be a challenge xx

I feel like there’s suddenly so much to do! I haven’t even received all of the documents yet. what do you recommend is most important?
Reply 4
Original post by Thefathersson
I feel like there’s suddenly so much to do! I haven’t even received all of the documents yet. what do you recommend is most important?

Don’t panic, you’ll get a kit list and it’s not huge. The bits I mentioned won’t be on the kit list but will make your life a bit easier. Ooooh a set of wash nets too, so you can keep all your socks etc together when you’re all washing stuff in one machine

Quick Reply

Latest