The Student Room Group

DAA and Selection interview

Hello, I have my DAA for the RAF coming up soon, does anybody have any sites that they recommend for practising and any tips for the selection interview?
Reply 1
You might have done your DAA by the time u get this reply but if not on the RAF website somewhere or if you just type ‘DAA’ for the RAF there are some practice tests you can do on there. But basic maths and science is all you need like GCSE level i pretty much guessed my way through and managed to pass.
But in terms of the selection interview I had mine yesterday. I have a thread posted with all of the things they asked that can really help ! Good luck!!
Reply 2
Original post by flo11104
You might have done your DAA by the time u get this reply but if not on the RAF website somewhere or if you just type ‘DAA’ for the RAF there are some practice tests you can do on there. But basic maths and science is all you need like GCSE level i pretty much guessed my way through and managed to pass.
But in terms of the selection interview I had mine yesterday. I have a thread posted with all of the things they asked that can really help ! Good luck!!

Hi no I actually have it tomorrow! I am really nervous about it. I’m struggling the most with spatial reasoning! Do you have any tips?
Reply 3
Honestly I was so nervous but just take your time to think and then answer as you have more time than you think. Doing the mock tests on the RAF website really helped me but they’re made to test what you know and so not much can be found online which is annoying. Even if you do not pass for what you want they do tell you other things you have passed for and you can always retake it! Really hope you pass for what you want and let me know how it goes !
Reply 4
Honestly I was so nervous but just take your time to think and then answer as you have more time than you think. Doing the mock tests on the RAF website really helped me but they’re made to test what you know and so not much can be found online which is annoying. Even if you do not pass for what you want they do tell you other things you have passed for and you can always retake it! Really hope you pass for what you want and let me know how it goes !

thank you will do!
Reply 5
Do you remember how many questions there were in total?
Reply 6
Original post by Jsiswiaisw

Don't worry about that level of detail; you won't have time to think about that on the day. The scores don't relate directly to how many you get right in each section, ie you don't get 10 if you get 10 out of 15 right. Just try your best on every section as they all count.

Ex-RAF Recruiter.
Reply 7
Like someone else said… just do your best that’s all you can do and at the end they will summarise how well you did on each section and what roles are available to you. There is quite a few questions on all different areas i was terrible at the numerical stuff but did fine in the end.

Reply 8

Hey! Thought I’d let you know I passed my test! And qualified for a lot more roles than I thought I would! Hopefully I will get booked for my interview soon.
Reply 9
Hey! Thought I’d let you know I passed my test! And qualified for a lot more roles than I thought I would! Hopefully I will get booked for my interview soon.

Well done! :clap2:
Reply 10
Well done!! And if you need any advice on the interview drop me a message 😁

Reply 11
Well done!! And if you need any advice on the interview drop me a message 😁

Thank you! How long did the interview take? Have you been booked in for your medical yet?
Reply 12
The interview was only 25 minutes for me on teams video call and currently looking to book my medical 😁
Thank you! How long did the interview take? Have you been booked in for your medical yet?
Reply 13
The interview was only 25 minutes for me on teams video call and currently looking to book my medical 😁

I have mine booked in for next month! What role did you apply for?
Reply 14
Intelligence analyst😁 hby?

I have mine booked in for next month! What role did you apply for?
Intelligence analyst😁 hby?

Nice, are you going to be based at Northolt?
Reply 16
Hello, I have my DAA for the RAF coming up soon, does anybody have any sites that they recommend for practising and any tips for the selection interview?

Just an update, been advised by my local recruiter that the RAF have recently changed their policy allowing only one go at the DAA.
Reply 17
You're ok if you've already booked onto your 2nd. Hopefully most people don't require a further attempt.
Good luck to all who are to undertake the DAA.
Reply 18
Original post by Lacazette1
Hi, I cannot find the thread you’ve done with regards to the interview. I have mine coming up and would be very happy if i could go through it before, Thanks

Not allowed:

"No cheating!

TSR is not here to help anyone gain an unfair advantage over others in interviews, academic work or similar."
Original post by Surnia
Not allowed:

"No cheating!

TSR is not here to help anyone gain an unfair advantage over others in interviews, academic work or similar."

She said she had a post on how her interview went. I didn’t ask her to give me questions and answers . She was just sharing her experience of how it went and that’s all im asking for so how is that cheating?

Quick Reply

Latest