The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Pass Plus? but £2124 sounds about right..

But more to the point why?? A Prelude 2.0, just why??
Reply 2
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
na, I mean why don't you just get a 1.2/1.4 small car? Why go for a 2.0 at 18 when the insurance is stupidly expensive..
Reply 4
Its not exacty the fastest Prelude, but still . . . . that's damn cheap for an 18 year old!
Could always get a broker.
Reply 5
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
My fiance has a 2.2 vtec and he's insured through elephant as it was the cheapest for him too. Mind he's 29 with full no claims.
Reply 8
Piglet384
My fiance has a 2.2 vtec and he's insured through elephant as it was the cheapest for him too. Mind he's 29 with full no claims.

being 29 would make a lot of difference to my premium :biggrin:
well because the initial quote was so high, it would be good material for haggling. I'm sure you can haggle £500 easily because they are already overcharging at £2100 and £500 knocked off would be nothing for the insurance company.
Reply 10
£2100 let me stress is not overcharging for an 18 year old on a 2.0 Prelude.
I'm in my early twenties, and i have to pay £2k for my Gti6 (group 17). I got that incredibly cheap as well considering the other 10 insurers all quoted £3k+ upto £6k!
Reply 11
That is a lot to pay to insure an underpowered french car. Im with you on the insurnace thing though, you will be lucky to get insurnace for less than that on a prelude at your age.
Reply 12
A 2.2vtec prelude is insurance group 17 too.
Reply 13
l1ncs
That is a lot to pay to insure an underpowered french car. Im with you on the insurnace thing though, you will be lucky to get insurnace for less than that on a prelude at your age.

Wow - obviously don't know what one is presumably if you can really say it's underpowered :smile:
Reply 14
2k is ****ing cheap for your age!

Latest

Trending

Trending