The Student Room Group

What do people do in their spare time?

Scroll to see replies

Procrasturbate
Original post by spiral87

Original post by spiral87
My mum keeps saying to me "Join evening classes, join clubs". It's pretty obvious from TSR that no one here does anything like that, regardless of whether they're in full education or not!

Joining clubs is a great idea if you don't have any hobbies or much of a social circle and complain about how you're bored all the time.
Reply 42
Original post by Loveisonthedole
A lot of the time you might be feeling down because you don't get up to much. It's a cycle. Feel down, don't go out. Don't go out, feel down.

In my spare time I play music, collect records (going out around town with a friend, couple of beers, go to a couple charity shops), I cycle, play xbox with my mates from back home, read a lot, hang out with the mrs, cook! (got nothing to do, don't sit around eating supernoodles and having a ****. cook something delicious and share it with someone)..

Recently I started playing football again and took up fly-fishing too. Going to take up some kind of self-defense in the new year as well.

The opportunities are going to be there for you at university, but they're the same opportunities that have always been there. it's upto you to take advantage of them, the football team aren't gonna come round and drag your ass out of bed everyday and you won't just wake up one morning with a pretty little thing lips wrapped round your wang. You gotta get motivated pal.

I don't have a "wang"... I'm a girl :s

But I totally agree about the vicious cycle thing, I merely started this thread to get ideas of what other people were up to.
Revising.

Yep, even in my "spare" time.

:frown:
Watching tv or films
Reading books or Focus magasines :smile:
Revising (unfortunately but it has to be done :frown: )
Going out with friends
Knitting squares to be sewn together as blankets for the homeless
I'm trying (and failing) to learn sign language
I like to go Skiing, learn Japanese or cry about medical application stress... I also like to play xbox but I can barely afford the games.
Reply 46
Original post by munn
thestudentroom

Tragically, this.
At the moment... playing Skyrim mostly
Reply 48
Have fun! My build up to going to Uni is working 50-60 Hrs a week while teaching myself Maths A-level... sad times!! haha
TSR, read a lot, eat, watch tv, eat, watch a few films or go shopping. Basically do anything other than homework or revision :h:
Reply 50
Crotchet ! wooo!
Reply 51
In my spare time i like to help the poor, feed homeless people, do charity work because im nice like that. :biggrin: .. Actually no.. i spend most of my spare time reading, cleaning up and catching up on tv shows and ofcourse lurking on tsr :smile: .. I miss having spare time, now it's all deadlines, lectures and tsr.
Original post by chopsticks

it's like I don't even know who I am and what I like.. I have a few lists of things that potentially I enjoy but I seem to lack enjoyment from them...

Its like you read my mind lol. Last christmas i was suffering majorly from depression and boredom so i started cross stitching. I swear at that point in time it was excalty what i need to cope with that stress and just turn my brain off. That apathy is the horrid bit about depression and the way i got over is to sort of potter along until i got into a good routine and happiness came as a side effect? (if im making sense!)
Reply 53
Sleep, work, internet, tidy, cook, listen to music, sleep.
read, play guitar, facebook, catch up on work, watch tv, watch films, go out with friends, swim.... there are plenty of things!
Reply 55
Football
Running
Script writing
reading novels
watching great movies and Tv shows
starting businesses
I spend way too much on the internet.
But generally I play my violin, draw, paint, read, procrastinate, listen to music. Too much to do, too little time.
Reply 57
Original post by chopsticks
I don't have a "wang"... I'm a girl :s

But I totally agree about the vicious cycle thing, I merely started this thread to get ideas of what other people were up to.

How does that make a difference?
Reply 58
Sleep. Sleeping's a hobby.
Gym, sleeping, Xbox, swimming, piano, research online, reading, F1, popping around the country to race circuits, Photoshop art, photography, movies, endless YouTube videos, searching for music.

I want to add karting, snowboarding and skydiving that that list when I get the £

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending