The Student Room Group

Post Your Economics Question Here

Scroll to see replies

Hey. Could any A level economists or higher help me fill out my questionnaire for my EPQ on economic growth. I'm hoping to get 20 responses. The link is https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/TKDKZJN
Thank you
guysssss!!!!! please help I'm in year 11 about to do my gases eek.. and i really really want to do economics like I'm so excited for it.. however i have heard that you need a grade 6 in english language to be able to do it.. wit did you guys get for english language in order to do economics and what happens if you don't get the grade??
For an a level economics revision booklet:
Hi, how do I calculate the long-run price level in Australia in this question?

Use the money market with the general monetary model and foreign exchange (FX) market to answer the following question. The question considers the relationship between the U.K. pound (£) and the Australian dollar ($). Let the exchange rate be defined as Australian dollars per pound, E$/£. In the U.K., the real income (Y£) is 10.00 trill. the money supply (M£) is £50.00 trill., the price level (P£) is £10.00, and the nominal interest rate (i£) is 2.00% per annum. In Australia, the real income (Y$) is 1.00 trill. the money supply (M$) is AU$10.00 trill., the price level (P$) is AU$20.00, and the nominal interest rate (i$) is 2.00% per annum. These two countries have maintained these long-run levels. Note that the uncovered interest parity (UIP) holds all the time, and the purchasing power parity (PPP) holds only in the long-run. The half-life of the deviation from the PPP is 4 years, that is, the deviation from PPP shrinks by 50% in 4 years.
Now, consider time T (today) when the Australian real income falls permanently by 10% unexpectedly so that the new real income in Australia becomes Y$ = 0.90 trill. With the new real income, the interest rate in Australia falls to 1% per annum today. With these changes, the exchange rate today becomes 2.2848, (E$/£ = 2.2848). Assume that Australia and the U.K. use the floating exchange rate system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I was wondering in essay questions, the mark scheme outlines points that the examiner should look for in the candidate's essay, but are the points limited to those that are stated or is it just a few examples of what could be written?
hi guys I'm a bit concerned as to whether this point is good for a 25 marker i sat today, the question was 'evaulate whether investment by the private sector will allow a government to achieve its macro objectives'

for an evalution I put that investment is not the only component of AD, there are other factors that influence AD, such as govt spending. then I said govt spending may decrease as firms borrow money from the loanable funds market, pushing interest rates up on the loanable funds, thus it is more costly for the government to fund their own spending. henceforth, the increase in I may be negated by an decrease in G. thus short run growth may not increase, so objective of unemployment and growth may not be met.

this is OCR a level economics btw
oh and i also drew the demand for loanable funds market, withe demand shifting right due to the increase in private sector investment incurring an increase in demand for l.funds
IMG_20190602_163902.jpgIMG_20190602_163847.jpgIMG_20190602_162925.jpgIMG_20190602_162859.jpgIMG_20190602_162844.jpg
Helllo can someone help explain these questions please? Been stuck in these type of questions.... Thank you very much!!
Can anyone explain to me the consequences of favourable/unfavourable movement in terms of trade.
Hello guys, just wondering if anyone was sitting the economics AS this year? I would be interested in making a sort of study group and revising together!
Hi, just wanted to say i'm selling 2 pdf books containing full analysis and evaluation of all Macro and Microeconomics content from the entire course. Which will aid you to consistently score you top marks. These books are strongly recommended by EconplusDal Gold dust for your study of Economics; AQA, Edexcel, OCR, WJEC, CIE, Educas , IB and AP.

Especially since we are all in quarantine right now, I truly feel like these resources will make sure you are on top of your work, if not go beyond your current expectations. From personal experiences with these packs ,they are great! Ever since using them I was achieving full marks in all essays and occasionally losing a couple marks due to context.

They are in fact the EconplusDal Anaylsis and Evaluation packs which RRP for 89 pounds.
Private message if interested
Anyone know gow to answer this question.?
Explain how an appreciation of its currency is likely to affect a country’s rate of economic growth. (15 marks )

how would you go about answering this question and what graphs would you draw?
Reply 2932
can anyone help me with this please .... thank you
Suppose the separation rate is 4 percent and the rate of job finding is 12 percent per month in an

economy. In this month, there are 500 workers in the labour force. Only 400 workers have jobs

Calculate:
I. the number of unemployed this month,
II. the unemployment rate this month,
III. the number of unemployed next month,
IV. the unemployment rate next month
Hi
does anyone study aqa a level economics?
Does anyone know where I can find model answers for the AQA Economics paper 1 June 2017, more preferably section B. I am currently very stuck on Essay 1 for it if anyone can help me with the 15 marker and 25 marker. thank you : )
Hey guys does anyone have a model answer or key points for each paragraph for the following paragraph:
Extract C (lines 16–17) states: ‘Perhaps the time has come to stop free bus travel for the
elderly or to limit it to certain groups?’
Use the extracts and your knowledge of economics to evaluate whether the UK
government should continue to provide free bus travel for all, some or no elderly people.
[25 marks]
Original post by Skrskr808880
Hey guys does anyone have a model answer or key points for each paragraph for the following paragraph:
Extract C (lines 16–17) states: ‘Perhaps the time has come to stop free bus travel for the
elderly or to limit it to certain groups?’
Use the extracts and your knowledge of economics to evaluate whether the UK
government should continue to provide free bus travel for all, some or no elderly people.
[25 marks]

Some possible key points:
- Positive externalities or merit good nature of bus travel.
- The cost of this program to the government and hence the opportunity cost/impact on the budget deficit.
- Which groups would you give free bus travel to, if it could only be provided to some elderly people? For example based on the area or income level. This might reduce inequality depending on how it is done.
- Government failure in terms of setting the wrong size of subsidy, or encouraging firms to be dependent on the subsidy.
- Administrative costs from deciding who could receive free bus travel.
- Positive and negative effects on other markets e.g. use of cars as a substitute for buses.
Original post by KymmyC
do you think you could help me to answer the following questions:
a)why might it be argued that costs arising from depreciation, insurance and road tax are not relevant in calculating the cost of an extra journey by car?
(4 Marks)
b) What economic justification might there be for introducing 'charges for road use'?
(4 Marks)
c)why do you think criteria for investment favours road rather than rail travel?
(5 Marks)
i have a rough idea about the first question. I think you'd have to pay road tax and insurance whether or not you use the car, not sure bout the depreciation?
For part b) i can only find information about congestion charging and thats not what the question asks about!!
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
xXx

Hey, this seems confusing. Actually, I'm not very proficient in this subject either. When I encountered similar questions in my homework, I sought help from economics homework helper because I didn't want to risk my grade. Therefore, I'm unable to provide solutions, but I can suggest the right place where you can find them. if you want assistance you can contact them at +1 315-557-6473. I hope this information proves useful to you

Quick Reply

Latest