The Student Room Group

How to get a babysitting job?

I have a part time job but I'm looking to make some extra money cash in hand. I have experience volunteering with kids but I've never had a babysitting job before. Does anyone know a good free site for advertising babysitting/domestic services and viewing job offers?
:K: :K: :K:
gumtree? :dontknow:
Reply 3
Ebay.
ask around friends/neighbours etc etc to see if there is anyone you know that wants someone to babysit.
Reply 5
Gumtree, found all my babysitting work on there. But be careful- call the people/meet them in a public place first etc- they will of course agree to this for the safety of their own kids.
Reply 6
It would also help if you've had a recent CRB check, a first aid certificate and even a chaperones licence (not quite for the same thing but it means that you're local council has deemed you safe to work with children.)
Reply 7
You need a CRB check by law. And you'd have to go to their house, if you babysit kids at your own house it's classed as an illegal creche.

Go by word of mouth/ flyering. Put an advert in a church magazine, anyone can advertise in church magazines but people seem to think it's only "good wholehearted christian types", you're likely to get some trusting business from that.
Original post by Megaross
You need a CRB check by law. And you'd have to go to their house, if you babysit kids at your own house it's classed as an illegal creche.

that's just so entirely not true
Reply 9
Original post by PinkMobilePhone

Hurm...will you ever take males to baby sit your kids? :eek:
Original post by kka25
Hurm...will you ever take males to baby sit your kids? :eek:

pardon?
Reply 11
pardon?

lol. It's totally a random question. Normally, babysitters are females (I might be wrong). But would parents, such as yourself, ever take males to babysit their kids?
Original post by kka25
lol. It's totally a random question. Normally, babysitters are females (I might be wrong). But would parents, such as yourself, ever take males to babysit their kids?

Well we personally don't use anybody other than family members, or my best friend Amy, to babysit the children. We've never hired anybody to babysit them, nor would we ever. I wouldn't trust a stranger to babysit, even if they were CRB checked. But that's us personally; a lot of people would, and do, hire outsiders to babysit their kids.

So to answer your question, a male relative, yes, my husband's nephew has babysat them before a couple of times, and my dad has babysat my daughter once when she was a baby. Oh and my uncle has babysat them once.
A male stranger though, no, same for a female stranger.
(edited 12 years ago)
you can babysit me
Reply 14
My sister printed off 100 flyers she did on Microsoft Word and posted them around the local area, she has made a fair amount of money from what I hear
Reply 15
Well we personally don't use anybody other than family members, or my best friend Amy, to babysit the children. We've never hired anybody to babysit them, nor would we ever. I wouldn't trust a stranger to babysit, even if they were CRB checked. But that's us personally; a lot of people would, and do, hire outsiders to babysit their kids.

So to answer your question, a male relative, yes, my husband's nephew has babysat them before a couple of times, and my dad has babysat my daughter once when she was a baby. Oh and my uncle has babysat them once.
A male stranger though, no, same for a female stranger.

Good point.
Reply 16

Ok, if you charge for it then.

If you're planning on babysitting for a living you need liability insurance, to get insurance you need an enhanced CRB.
To run a creche you need to have the premesis licenced and insured for the purpose.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending