The Student Room Group

Earning side income whilst at UNI

What do you guys do to earn a side income whilst studying at UNIVERSITY?
Original post by HStudent_
What do you guys do to earn a side income whilst studying at UNIVERSITY?

Hi @HStudent_,

I hope you're keeping well.

I'm glad you asked about side income ideas for university students. There are many ways to earn extra money while you're studying, and the best option for you will depend on your skills, interests, and availability.

Here are a few ideas to get you started:

Freelance: If you have skills in writing, editing, web design, or other areas, you can offer your services as a freelancer. There are many websites and platforms where you can find freelance work, such as Upwork, Fiverr, and PeoplePerHour.
Tutoring: If you're good at a particular subject, you can offer tutoring services to students who are struggling. You can find tutoring jobs through word-of-mouth, online platforms, or your university's student union.
Deliver food: You can deliver food for a food delivery service such as Uber Eats, Deliveroo, or Just Eat. This is a flexible way to earn money, and you can usually work around your studies.
Babysitting/Pet Sitting: If you're good with kids or animals, you can babysit for families in your area. This is a great way to earn money and get some experience working with children.
Work for your university: Many universities offer student jobs, such as janitorial work, ambassadorship, or research assistant positions. These jobs can be a great way to earn money and get involved on campus. Universities will also be mindful of your studies, and won't try to overburden you with work for which you have to sacrifice study time over.
Work at a nearby restaurant or store: Saving the best for last, you can also work at a restaurant or store near your university. This is a great way and probably the most popular amongst students due to being able to find demand within basically every city and town to earn money and have flexible hours that work around your studies.

I hope this helps. Of course this isn't a complete list, but I figured these are some simple but realistic ones that you can use to get started. :biggrin:

Warm regards,

David :smile:
University of Kent Representative

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending