The Student Room Group

jobs for 14-15 year olds

Hey there ,
I'm looking for jobs for 14-15-year-olds, preferably not dog walking or babysitting . Something that could benefit for work experience , I'm aware that you need to be above 16 to do most things .
THank you all in advance
Your best bet is asking small businesses as most 'chains' and larger companies won't take you on until you're 16 due to employment restrictions and you not having a NI number yet. You could look for a paper round but this won't give you much in terms of work experience.
You could try your local independent takeaways like mentioned above "chains" most likely won't employ under 16s
Original post by Rosyrose123
Hey there ,
I'm looking for jobs for 14-15-year-olds, preferably not dog walking or babysitting . Something that could benefit for work experience , I'm aware that you need to be above 16 to do most things .
THank you all in advance

If you are 15 years old then you can work with boots the chemist because they employ young people from this age but will be restricted to certain areas because of some being a 18 years of age and over.

boots.jobs
https://www.boots.jobs faq
FAQ - Boots Jobs - Career Opportunities with Boots
Original post by Littleemma98
If you are 15 years old then you can work with boots the chemist because they employ young people from this age but will be restricted to certain areas because of some being a 18 years of age and over.

boots.jobs
https://www.boots.jobs faq
FAQ - Boots Jobs - Career Opportunities with Boots

thank you love, i looked into it and i was confused as i couldn't find the section for 15 year olds.
Hey there ,
THank you all in advance

Your best bet is a paper round.
You may get lucky with a smaller independent cafe or restaurant.
Otherwise it's stuff like babysitting, dog walking, gardening etc.
thank you love, i looked into it and i was confused as i couldn't find the section for 15 year olds.

No worries rosyrose X
All the information is on boots website if you read it 😃😃.
I have worked with boots since I was 15 years old and the policy is the same now as was back when I started working with them okay.
Best of luck with the job search.
Original post by Littleemma98
No worries rosyrose X
All the information is on boots website if you read it 😃😃.
I have worked with boots since I was 15 years old and the policy is the same now as was back when I started working with them okay.
Best of luck with the job search.

How did you apply?
Original post by lolalemmington
How did you apply?

When I applied for job in boots it was the old fashioned way when you were able to walk in and ask about vacancies and then get a paper copy of the application form which you handed back in and got a interview date and if successful you were told there and then and you were given a start date.

Unlike today you have to do it all online for jobs with boots ( also every other jobs).

Apply via there own website and make up a online profile before you can apply for jobs and then you'll be invited to do a online assignment ( easy to do if you read questions correctly) and if successful you'll be invited to book a interview slot on various days and times - all information will be given to you at the time of notification if successful to go to a in-store interview.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending