The Student Room Group

AQA AS Physics A Unit 1 January 2012 Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by Kavzaz
There are two forms of excitation. Excitation through collision, and excitation through the absorption of photons. :smile:

Oh, i think i just did a spelling mistake in my post, what i meant is:

Excitation is due to either a electron from outside the atom colliding with an atomic electron OR a photon colliding with the electron.

I did go on to explain them separately.
Reply 381
Original post by husny123
So, how is the revision going? Everyone ready for tomorrow?

Tomorrow? Isn't Physics today?
Original post by Dslash

Its deffinatly today!! Chem and Math are tomorrow!!
Reply 383
Original post by Dslash

No, it's actually tomorrow, check the AQA site, there has been "unforeseeable circumstances" what ever that's supposed to mean. I seriously hate AQA, your school should have informed you by now :s-smilie:?
Reply 384
http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA-PHYA1-W-MS-JUN09.PDF
5ai

Could you not use a cell, voltmeter in parallel, ammeter in series, variable resistor, protective resistor and a diode instead of using a potential divider?

It would just be easier to draw.
Reply 385
No, it's actually tomorrow, check the AQA site, there has been "unforeseeable circumstances" what ever that's supposed to mean. I seriously hate AQA, your school should have informed you by now :s-smilie:?

U mad?
It says 12 January 2012 pm and last time i checked the date, it's the 12th.
Definately today guys :/
Reply 387
Original post by uxa595
5ai

Could you not use a cell, voltmeter in parallel, ammeter in series, variable resistor, protective resistor and a diode instead of using a potential divider?

suitable variable input (variable power supply or variable resistor), so yes you can.
Reply 388
Original post by uxa595
5ai

I would have thought so? Personally, I'd firstly say use the variable resistor. Then later say to improve precision, I'd use a potential divider as the current can be reduced to 0? But that's just me.

link?? the AQA website im looking at says 12th.

not funny.:angry:
Reply 390
that was horrible :frown:
Reply 391
2nd to last elec q Nooooooooo
Reply 392
Couldn't agree more Sam. It was either really hard or I just started panicking. Last two questions were dreadful! Don't think I've got my A :frown:
That was insane. I feel like impaling myself onto a pole after that exam.
I came in late because of reasons and that made me panic and my gut feeling says I've got a U. :'( If anyone can post an unofficial mark scheme I'll love you forever.
Reply 394
What did u lot get for the last 2 q's
LOL WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!

I thought it started off really well, but then the electricity questions started coming in and I just died.
Reply 396
i thought the last question was horrible especially... and then i realised there was one on the back with like 30 seconds to go!!!! :frown: not good at all i am feeling! although the table at the start wasnt much for a 7 marker!???? and also the 6 amrk question was a bitch! how do you get the temp of the wire to 100 degrees :s-smilie: ??????
Original post by BlissJunkie
LOL WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!

I thought it started off really well, but then the electricity questions started coming in and I just died.

Hahah my thoughts exactly!
There was a page of 1 mark electricity questions.. I've obviously missed something but I thought they were all REALLY hard and there wasn't enough information to answer them.. but like I say I've obviously missed something.
Reply 398
Original post by EmmaJane_
Hahah my thoughts exactly!
There was a page of 1 mark electricity questions.. I've obviously missed something but I thought they were all REALLY hard and there wasn't enough information to answer them.. but like I say I've obviously missed something.

same here i wondered why they were 1 markers ans i was struggling like hell with them ! :frown: and there was so much writing as well not much mathsy stuff i didnt think. definately the hardest on out of all the past papers
Reply 399
I think I've missed something on that question too, and on the last question I missed something too probably. I got the voltage was 7V and 2V lost inside battery, and I used this for the internal resistance?

It went so well until 6 and 7! Don't think I even lost a mark prior to the electricity questions, give or take the question on critical temperature but now I'm debating whether I've even got a B.. goddamn!
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending