The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I walked out of my house with my phone updating the score from the guardian app. Then my internet ran out, with a message appearing saying aston just scored. The drive in birmingham was rapid in a desperate attempt to find a friend with a phone that could update the score.

Stressful, but at least we got the win. Yossi needs to replace arsharvin as the 70minute sub for gervinho/walcott
Reply 221
Benayoun needs more game-time. Quality player. :yy:
Ramsey needs some time to reflect on his performances on the bench. He is still young and relatively new to prem football, so he shouldn't be used as much as he is. For our next game, I want to see

Szezcesny

Coquelin Koscielny Mertesacker Vermaelen

Song Arteta
Rosicky

Walcott RvP Chamberlain

(Chamakh and Squillaci might as well just leave our club tbh)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 223
Original post by Rock Fan
Nothing against Arsenal but you were lucky tonight, we gave you a bloody good match.

Definitely. This time looks like the sort that can grind out results and boy I'm I glad.

Original post by Overmars
You must mean tonight's 'result'? Because the performance was shocking. Definitely got away with it today. Ramsey is in desperate need of a rest. Wilshere's return can't come soon enough.

(p.s I know you're not serious :yy: )

Arteta + Song + Benayoun?

I'm not so sure about Ramsey, his spell in the first team this time last year was amazing, maybe we're expecting too much?
Reply 224
Subscribing. Who let Colonel start the thread tbh? :colonhash:
Reply 225
Wolves game moved to 27th because the tubes on strike on boxing day still 3pm, prefer having it then personally but away fans and people who come from far out to watch the arsenal will have been inconvenienced (sp) big time
Reply 226
Original post by R-KAM
Subscribing. Who let Colonel start the thread tbh? :colonhash:

It'll be the best thread evah.
Reply 227
Original post by Colonel.

Original post by Colonel.
It'll be the best thread evah.

Just like TDR one? :colonhash:
Reply 228
Original post by R-KAM
Just like TDR one? :colonhash:

Yeah. Exactly like that one.
Reply 229
ahh bit upset how the game has been moved. Was looking forward to a trip to The Grove on boxing day ... sigh

have only seen 2 matches due to living in scotland :frown:
how comes other london teams (chelseia including) aren't postponing their matches?
Original post by internet tough guy
how comes other london teams (chelseia including) aren't postponing their matches?

I think they are slightly more accessible from other transport links + cars.

Theres no way 60000 people could turn up at the emirates in cars and buses. It'd be havoc. Somehow its ok at stamford bridge
Reply 232
Original post by bakefrancis

Original post by bakefrancis
I think they are slightly more accessible from other transport links + cars.

Theres no way 60000 people could turn up at the emirates in cars and buses. It'd be havoc. Somehow its ok at stamford bridge

because there's only 45,000 having to go :awesome:
Whats do people think the standard formation will be once Wilshere come back?
Reply 234
Original post by Birdman1234567
Whats do people think the standard formation will be once Wilshere come back?

I can't see it changing much, to be honest.

Szczesny
Sagna Koscielny Vermaelen Santos
Song Arteta
Walcott Wilshere Gervinho
van Persie

Is what I'd imagine our formation and team would be when everyone is fit and available.
Reply 235
It's Tram woman versus Suarez in regional semi final racist play off. Winner to play Terry in the final.
Original post by Abiraleft

Szczesny
Song Arteta
van Persie

Is what I'd imagine our formation and team would be when everyone is fit and available.

Won't Gervinho be off to the Afcup?
Original post by Birdman1234567
Won't Gervinho be off to the Afcup?

He said that would be the team when everyone is available so after ACoN and with no injuries.
Original post by Abiraleft

Szczesny
Song Arteta
van Persie

Wilshere in the ACM role, would he still be as effective?
Original post by Complex Simplicity
Wilshere in the ACM role, would he still be as effective?

You could have him as an advanced box-box midfielder - he has greater drive and stamina than either Song or Arteta. That would also offer greater protection in 'big' games when you're under pressure.

Latest