The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Hmmmm..... An article linked us with Pato today. Unlikely to happen but will be interesting to see how it pan out, if true.
Reply 381
hate how none of the games are on tv ...
Original post by G550NDH
hate how none of the games are on tv ...

You're telling me. There's no worse feeling than having to make do with an internet stream when you're equipped with a 50" with skysports HD :frown:
Reply 383
Original post by Isometrix
You're telling me. There's no worse feeling than having to make do with an internet stream when you're equipped with a 50" with skysports HD :frown:

sigh ... boxing day just makes me so bored until 10.45 that is
Some interesting news on Twitter this morning is that we wanted to sign Coentrao but once Madrid came in for him it was pretty obvious there was only one destination for the guy. It's interesting that they paid 30m euros for him though, quite an inflated fee in my opinion.

Only if Kroenke would give Wenger a decent amount (maybe £30m) which would add on to the £50m we already have and provide us with some financial muscle. We have the ambition to sign top players but we're clearly a level below the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich in terms of prestige which is quite annoying.
If Henry comes back I think it would be fitting if he scored the winner in both of the following games:

January 22: Man United (H)
February 26: Tottenham (H)
Reply 386
Would Henry be available for the Champions League?
Reply 387
Original post by Colonel.

don't see why .. he isn't cup tied .. but I'm not 100% sure if he can play
Reply 388

Yh he can, Arsenal will have to register him though and drop another player from their champions league squad if it is full (max 23 players).
Reply 389
get reus, podolski and vertoghen and we're sorted.
chelski drop points:awesome:
Reply 391
Chelsea have drawed with Fulham. If we win tomorrow we'll be a point ahead of them and take 4th spot again (having played the same amount of games).

If we win by four goals then we'll be 3rd ahead of Spurs on goals scored (same goal difference) but they'll have two games in hand.

:colonhash:
Reply 392
Bryan Ruiz/ Dembele should be a quality signing for a top 6 in a few years time. Just need to develop 2 cents for defending/ tracking back especially Ruiz. Both wasted at Fulham.
I am quietly confident that we could go for third. Chelsea keep dropping points and have no consistency whatsoever. I expect Tottenham to start dropping points due to their paper thin squad depth. We also have to remember that all the other top 4 teams still have to come to the Emirates including the spuds.
Reply 394
Ruiz will be dead in a few years. He's like 30.
Chance to get back into the CL places for real tomorrow - COYG! :smile:
Reply 396
Original post by Darth Vader 7
I am quietly confident that we could go for third. Chelsea keep dropping points and have no consistency whatsoever. I expect Tottenham to start dropping points due to their paper thin squad depth. We also have to remember that all the other top 4 teams still have to come to the Emirates including the spuds.

You must also remember that we also have a paper-thin squad. We're already in the defensive side (We're coping with no full-backs atm!!), but any injury to any one of our winger/v. Persie and we haven't got the right quality to replace them.
Reply 397
Ruiz will be dead in a few years. He's like 30.

Ah Damn! I thought he was some 23 years young talent
Reply 398
nsight of some our Arsenal squad players:

Alex Song - He has 17 sisters and 10 brothers
Bacary Sanga - He was born on Valentine’s Day
Thomas Rosicky - He once sang ‘Eye Of The Tiger’ for a bet, he scored against Arsenal at Highbury in 2001.
Theo Walcott - He has a dog called Diesel.
Aaron Ramsey - He was offered a contract by a Rugby League club, his first ever job was delivering papers.
Johan Djourou - He lives in a former asylum
Andrey Arshavin - He has a degree in fashion design
Reply 399
Original post by G550NDH
nsight of some our Arsenal squad players:

Alex Song - He has 17 sisters and 10 brothers
Bacary Sanga - He was born on Valentine’s Day
Thomas Rosicky - He once sang ‘Eye Of The Tiger’ for a bet, he scored against Arsenal at Highbury in 2001.
Theo Walcott - He has a dog called Diesel.
Aaron Ramsey - He was offered a contract by a Rugby League club, his first ever job was delivering papers.
Johan Djourou - He lives in a former asylum
Andrey Arshavin - He has a degree in fashion design

Imagine a team of of just Alex Song's brothers. There is enough of them. The team would be beast!

Latest