The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Pool- no excuse for the way they are playing they wont be getting champs league
Chelsea- probably more likely to not get champs league spot than spurs
Spurs- incredible run a huge threat of finishing above us but i have belief
Arsenal- cant justify the dropped points yday i dont care how good their keeper was

we need: left back and a striker
loan taiwo or buy vargas and get podolski/reus

dont want henry or bridge.
Some of the arrogance from fans in this thread is a joke.

United fans acknowledge we will probably need to beat Spurs to stay in the race, probably one of our tougher games, and they are right behind us if we slip up. Yet some fans take it as a given they will finish above them, to add to the arrogance, predicting a crumble, no irony there. Spurs are a good side, they have strength all over the pitch, the squad is good, the team is playing well, and that midfield is up there with City's as the best in the league. They have been performing on a level week in week out, of a top 4 side. There isn't a team in the league who can feel confident of taking all three against them. As for Pool, I don't think they have a super strong team, but the defence is there and Gerrard is back. I don't think you can say you are head and shoulders above them in terms of quality. They are a danger any team with a strong defence and Gerrard and Suarez in attack can take points off team.

I think Arsenal are certainly looking better than they did, your best chance of 4th is taking Chelsea's spot, and AVB is looking to spend. I think fitness of key players in important. RVP and Szcz being the two main ones, as you have no replacement of anywhere near the same quality.
Original post by Ultimate1
I personally don't like how most Arsenal fans are so bitter about Tottenham being above us, they've been surprisingly quite humble about it, and even the spurs players and manager haven't really said anything about being above Arsenal.

I think we should just forget about them and just focus on our own game.

Some of it probably comes from Wilshere's bitter ramblings on twitter. He shouldn't be allowed anywhere near that thing.
Original post by vn2009
You a comedian right? :awesome:

Liverpool are nowhere near us in terms of ability. Your posts make you look like a clown on a daily basis dude. Have some restraint and think before you type :tongue:

:facepalm2:

Original post by doggyfizzel
Some of the arrogance from fans in this thread is a joke.

United fans acknowledge we will probably need to beat Spurs to stay in the race, probably one of our tougher games, and they are right behind us if we slip up. Yet some fans take it as a given they will finish above them, to add to the arrogance, predicting a crumble, no irony there. Spurs are a good side, they have strength all over the pitch, the squad is good, the team is playing well, and that midfield is up there with City's as the best in the league. They have been performing on a level week in week out, of a top 4 side. There isn't a team in the league who can feel confident of taking all three against them. As for Pool, I don't think they have a super strong team, but the defence is there and Gerrard is back. I don't think you can say you are head and shoulders above them in terms of quality. They are a danger any team with a strong defence and Gerrard and Suarez in attack can take points off team.

I think Arsenal are certainly looking better than they did, your best chance of 4th is taking Chelsea's spot, and AVB is looking to spend. I think fitness of key players in important. RVP and Szcz being the two main ones, as you have no replacement of anywhere near the same quality.

Very well said. If RVP and Szcesney remain fit top 4 is definitely a big possibility for Arsenal. Losing one of them for a significant period of time would however be disastrous for Arsenal though as there is absolutely no quality backup there whatsoever. I still think underestimate Liverpool at your peril. They are going to be around there come end of season. Liverpool's ability to be able to beat any of the top sides is why i don't understand everyone's underestimation of them, but whatever. Regardless even if Arsenal finish 5th, it isn't an awful finish after their dreadful start to the season. I predicted 6th at the start for them and couldn't see them getting top 4, but as said if you keep your keeper and RVP fit top 4 is definitely a distinct possibility still.
transfer window coming up soon. so nervous. we better get someone.
Original post by Gob Bluth
This is exactly why i WUM this thread often as there's too much rubbish posted around. You have obviously not watched much football, apart from Arsenal games this season to come up with some of these comments... And to rate Scesney over Reina is actually quite funny. And Suarez wouldn't replace RVP, but those 2 together would be :coma: Whether for Arsenal or Liverpool. Fact is Chelsea, Pool and Arsenal are all quite close together in terms of ability and the table will show that come the end of the season.

For somebody that isnt a Liverpool fan you seem to spend alot of time defending them. You are clearly a closet Liverpool fan like AreYouDizzieBlad. We had a disastorus start to the season whilst Liverpool were apparently great but we lie ahead of them in the table. Liverpool just arent good enough. RVP and Suarez would be good to together but we dont play 2 upfront anymore. On the basis that Suarez has played upfront and so has RVP, I would take RVP everyday. No question about it. Reina is the only debatable one. That tells me that Liverpool arent good enough.
Original post by All Black Everything
For somebody that isnt a Liverpool fan you seem to spend alot of time defending them. You are clearly a closet Liverpool fan like AreYouDizzieBlad. We had a disastorus start to the season whilst Liverpool were apparently great but we lie ahead of them in the table. Liverpool just arent good enough. RVP and Suarez would be good to together but we dont play 2 upfront anymore. On the basis that Suarez has played upfront and so has RVP, I would take RVP everyday. No question about it. Reina is the only debatable one. That tells me that Liverpool arent good enough.

I said before Pool are my second team. So i don't really WUM them. In fact i only WUM Arsenal and maybe United now and again. I just think you haven't really watched much footy this season. Liverpool have been playing very well. Spurs are on a different level to Arsenal, Pool and Chelsea atm. It's laughable at how many arrogant fans on here think you have a right to be above Spurs and are better than them. Spurs are quality now, and will finish above you as they are better than you. Liverpool's second half of the season last season saw them 2nd in results from when Daglish took over. They have improved since then, and have strengthened, so i don't for the life of me see your underestimation of them :confused: Chelsea are there for the taking this season as they are defensively poor and Cech has had a very poor season so far. Out of the top 6 Chelsea are the only team with a poor defence. Why Arsenal didn't put more effort to get Mata i'll never know.
Why would you take Reina over Sczezeny? Liverpool fans tend to refer to his pedigree but it is obvious he hasn't been the same goalkeeper he used to be and is spilling ridiculously easy balls.
I said before Pool are my second team. So i don't really WUM them. In fact i only WUM Arsenal and maybe United now and again. I just think you haven't really watched much footy this season. Liverpool have been playing very well. Spurs are on a different level to Arsenal, Pool and Chelsea atm. It's laughable at how many arrogant fans on here think you have a right to be above Spurs and are better than them. Spurs are quality now, and will finish above you as they are better than you. Liverpool's second half of the season last season saw them 2nd in results from when Daglish took over. They have improved since then, and have strengthened, so i don't for the life of me see your underestimation of them :confused: Chelsea are there for the taking this season as they are defensively poor and Cech has had a very poor season so far. Out of the top 6 Chelsea are the only team with a poor defence. Why Arsenal didn't put more effort to get Mata i'll never know.

It is not about effort, it is who has the biggest pockets. Chelsea unfortunately can pay more for players than Arsenal can.
rumours going around that podolski is signing a new deal Koln.
Original post by Darth Vader 7
Why would you take Reina over Sczezeny? Liverpool fans tend to refer to his pedigree but it is obvious he hasn't been the same goalkeeper he used to be and is spilling ridiculously easy balls.

He is a far better keeper all around. Sczesney is good and young, but not as good as you rate him. Yet he has the potential to be world class if he develops like he is coming along. Top 3 keepers in the league atm: Vorm, Reina, Hart.
Reply 592
this just made me so happy, what a way to brighten a dull day :biggrin:
He is a far better keeper all around. Sczesney is good and young, but not as good as you rate him. Yet he has the potential to be world class if he develops like he is coming along. Top 3 keepers in the league atm: Vorm, Reina, Hart.

You do not justify why he is better.
Reply 594

would you buy Reina now then and leave Szczesny on the bench to stop developing, become agitated and go somewhere where they'll treasure and trust him and let him be a full-time 'keeper? personally I think he's a rotten person, I've heard many rumours regarding what he gets up to off the pitch but he could be a great and I'll give him that. listen to Old Bobby Wilson!
Reply 595

Oh right you're a swansea fan.....make sense :rolleyes:
Reply 596
when will wilshere be back?
Original post by 419

Have you not seen his performances? 3 goals conceded at home in 8 this season is one hell of a record. He's been phenomenal. We'd be down and out without him probably. Only Hart has been better than him goalkeeping wise this season. Spurs or Liverpool (if they lose Reina) will buy him next season i reckon. He's way too good for us and he will be gone within a couple of years which will be a big loss as he has won so many of our points this season. Liverpool fans will attest how good he was against them. Basically he has been like that in every game this season. I think he's made 2 mistakes. Also every motd they rave about his saves, not that that makes any difference, just saying.

Original post by nuage
would you buy Reina now then and leave Szczesny on the bench to stop developing, become agitated and go somewhere where they'll treasure and trust him and let him be a full-time 'keeper? personally I think he's a rotten person, I've heard many rumours regarding what he gets up to off the pitch but he could be a great and I'll give him that. listen to Old Bobby Wilson!

Why on earth would Arsenal buy Reina? Both keepers would not be in the same squad as they both are too good to be subs for their teams.

People doubting Reina as a quality keeper is lols though. He's been consistent and quality for Pool this season. Liverpool have conceded the least this season too, helped by a good defence too albeit. Hell, United fans will agree with me he's better than Scez.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Darth Vader 7
He has spilled the same proportion of his shots as Szcz, and when he does he tips more out of play rather than back into play. His percentage of saved is pretty much the same as any of the top keeper, except Hart who spills more than the rest.

Original post by 419
Vorm, as above, its statistically just as good as the rest and has kept more clean sheets than De Gea, Reina, Hart, Szcz, or Friedel. On current form he is one of the best keepers in the league.
Reply 599
Original post by xbocklie
when will wilshere be back?

End of January/Mid Feb I think, hopefully it wont be like the situation with Verm where he is out for the rest of the season.

And in regards to Szczesny, it's amazing the level he is at. People forget that he is only 21 years old. We need to hold on to him for as long as possible, and he could be a future Captain.

Latest