The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
Original post by Koscielny
City won't sell to a rival.
We won't spend £25m on a player
He's too tempermental
London is closer to Argentina than Manchester, but not close enough.

:football:
Original post by Abiraleft
:football:

Thank you. :colondollar:

I don't know what to say, I don't have a speech prepared.
Original post by nuage
Goetze...
I'd still prefer Hazard but wouldn't loathe getting Goetze

Goetze is meant to be like ballack or pirlo? Ive never heard them compared or him touted like that. He's an excellent player but never heard those comparisons.

Again, I think the guy was joking or hadn't engaged his brain
Reply 1783
A bit of transfer stuff: we've been linked to Aly Cissokho, and the Lyon chairperson (?) Jean-Michel Aulas has indicated that the club is willing to sell him. I wonder if they'd be willing to loan him. :holmes:

Also, Matias Suarez has denied that we're signing him this window. I thought the rumours were that we had an agreement to sign him in the summer, but from the way he's stated it, I don't think that's very likely either. That or he's being very diplomatic or something.
Reply 1784

A bit of transfer stuff: we've been linked to Aly Cissokho, and the Lyon chairperson (?) Jean-Michel Aulas has indicated that the club is willing to sell him. I wonder if they'd be willing to loan him. :holmes:

Also, Matias Suarez has denied that we're signing him this window. I thought the rumours were that we had an agreement to sign him in the summer, but from the way he's stated it, I don't think that's very likely either. That or he's being very diplomatic or something.

Sounds similar to the Alvarez(?) stuff from the summer before he ended up at Inter.
Reply 1785
Original post by Mess.
Sounds similar to the Alvarez(?) stuff from the summer before he ended up at Inter.

Alvarez. :yy:

At least in this case, the player has come out and settled the validity of the rumours; a lot of people thought right until the last moment that we'd signed Alvarez, because that was how sure the media sounded. In which sense yes, it is similar to the Alvarez saga. Or Veloso before that. Or Cana before that. Or Villa before that. Or Nasri up to two seasons before he did actually sign. And so on. :bebored:

The Suarez report doesn't add up to me. Perez says they aren't announcing it because Arsenal have the option to pull out of the deal if he a) loses form b)gets an injury c)fail work permit. Not only does it seem convenient for him as he can claim they pulled out, why would Suarez then proceed to talk to him about the deal if it's meant to be a secret?
18.7 - @SamNasri19 has created a scoring chance for team-mates more regularly than any other PL player - every 18.7 minutes. Maligned.
Reply 1788
Original post by bakefrancis
Goetze is meant to be like ballack or pirlo? Ive never heard them compared or him touted like that. He's an excellent player but never heard those comparisons.

Again, I think the guy was joking or hadn't engaged his brain

I don't think I've heard those comparisons before either lol. but I just thought German kid... Goetze
Reply 1789
I wouldn't sign Cissokho. I heard he has bad teeth.
Reply 1790
EDIT: whoops just saw the last page.

So, anyway, think Swansea will be a hard game. They're a good team but I think we can grind out the 3 points.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1791
What's the defence going to look like on Sunday?

Yennaris Mert Kosh Miquel

Edit: Not sure if Djourou is back?
People are tweeting that Cissoko is on his way to Arsenal for a medical.
16-year-old Swedish Niclas Eliasson will be at Arsenal for a trial on Sunday.

https://twitter.com/#!/NEliasson95/status/157905697525346305
Original post by J.Star
What's the defence going to look like on Sunday?

Yennaris Mert Kosh Miquel

Edit: Not sure if Djourou is back?

Djourou is back, according to various reports. ....
Original post by Colonel.
I wouldn't sign Cissokho. I heard he has bad teeth.

Ah man, I can't believe someone didn't sign him because of that.
Original post by jam277
Ah man, I can't believe someone didn't sign him because of that.

I once remember hearing about Fabregas removing a teeth because of a muscular problem.. no joke.
Reply 1797
Original post by antonfigo
I once remember hearing about Fabregas removing a teeth because of a muscular problem.. no joke.

Looks like the horse placenta worked for RVP though :tongue:
Apparently RVP went to Dubai because he was injured and didn't want anyone to know. But he is all better now :smile:

rumours linking us to a lot of people. Most of which are not going to happen.
Anyway Wenger has an eye for unearthing talent so lets see what he can get :wink:

Latest