The Student Room Group
University logo
Abertay University

Abertay Students 2012!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by isengard1
Which questions? :smile:

-EU/EAA Migrant (if they mean EU citizen/ EAA migrant or EU migrant Or EAA Migrant)
-one w unemployment as they didn`t have year 2012 as an option yesterday (it was there today)
-what they mean by school (they mean hig h school, now I know)
but I had to add one Uni I attended for a week but there was no option to add that I was there just a week :biggrin: So hopefully they won`t make a fuss about it and give me 'False-start' status.

I just finished the application and I am gonna have a look at 2 forms I need to complete. I want to have it done today so that I can compare the speed of our applications.
University logo
Abertay University
Reply 181
Original post by THESHade
-EU/EAA Migrant (if they mean EU citizen/ EAA migrant or EU migrant Or EAA Migrant)
-one w unemployment as they didn`t have year 2012 as an option yesterday (it was there today)
-what they mean by school (they mean hig h school, now I know)
but I had to add one Uni I attended for a week but there was no option to add that I was there just a week :biggrin: So hopefully they won`t make a fuss about it and give me 'False-start' status.

I just finished the application and I am gonna have a look at 2 forms I need to complete. I want to have it done today so that I can compare the speed of our applications.

I'm not completely sure about the EU/EEA migrant workers stuff, but about your week at uni I think it's not a problem. Because they state that they don't pay tuition fees only to students that have already achieved an undergraduate degree.
Reply 182

:cool:

Anyway, now you should do:
echo fill_in_your_details >> ./Abertay_EH_2012_classroom.txt [return]
Reply 183
Anyway, now you should do:
echo fill_in_your_details >> ./Abertay_EH_2012_classroom.txt [return]

:biggrin:

I'm a hybrid student at the moment. I'll start with EH 2011 classroom, but If I'm not able to keep their pace, they'll move me to your classroom.

Should I update my details in the list the same?

P.s. Anyway, I think also God uses Linux and bash commands. Its "ps -a" command must be a total mess though :rolleyes:
Reply 184
:biggrin:
P.s. Anyway, I think also God uses Linux and bash commands. Its "ps -a" command must be a total mess though :rolleyes:

Haha, and then he use 'kill randomPID'
but God doesn`t have to use -a option :cool: Well, maybe if he wants to enlist Chuck Norris as well...
Hi all, I received an unconditional offer for BSc Psychology and Counselling at Abertay last week which I want to firm, however the page (link here) on Abertay's website says the course is "under development" and "subject to approval" so I'm worried that they might pull it before September.

If I call the University who would be the best person to speak to about the likelihood of the course being approved, etc.?

Also, has anyone else received an offer for this course? :smile:
Reply 186
Original post by gypsyboots
Hi all, I received an unconditional offer for BSc Psychology and Counselling at Abertay last week which I want to firm, however the page (link here) on Abertay's website says the course is "under development" and "subject to approval" so I'm worried that they might pull it before September.

If I call the University who would be the best person to speak to about the likelihood of the course being approved, etc.?

Also, has anyone else received an offer for this course? :smile:

Just send an email to the school to which your course belongs to. The programme tutors will clarify any doubt you have, so that you'll be sure about making it as your firm or not.
Just send an email to the school to which your course belongs to. The programme tutors will clarify any doubt you have, so that you'll be sure about making it as your firm or not.

Took your advice and emailed them, I just received a reply saying they are confident that the course will be approved by May so I guess I'm going to Abertay in September! :smile:
Reply 188
Took your advice and emailed them, I just received a reply saying they are confident that the course will be approved by May so I guess I'm going to Abertay in September! :smile:

Gratz,
and it looks like a really nice course with lots of options.
Reply 189

Glad I helped. See u in September :wink:
Reply 190
Going to take my IELTS on the 21st. If I pass it I guess I'll see some of you in September. :biggrin:
Reply 191
Original post by German_Saskia
Going to take my IELTS on the 21st. If I pass it I guess I'll see some of you in September. :biggrin:

Oh, damn, haha, I totally forgot about IELTS ... I might have to take it as well... hopefully not though

GL, getting 6.0 won`t be any problem so no need to worry :smile:
Reply 192
Oh, damn, haha, I totally forgot about IELTS ... I might have to take it as well... hopefully not though

GL, getting 6.0 won`t be any problem so no need to worry :smile:

Haha I hope so. Good luck for your too. :smile:
Hey Everyone just signed up to this and I am going to Abertay this week. I will be in Dundee at 7pm anyone want to meet up? Here all day Thursday too. I am thinking of accepting Bsc in Food, Nutrition and health. Private email anyone who is doing this course or want to meet up with an Irish lad lol! Hitting Scotland!
Reply 194
Hey,

does anybody know if I can apply for accommodation, once it`s open, before I haven`t firmed Abertay because I'm still waiting for a decision from Napier and don't know if I take Napier (if I get an offer) or Greenwich as insurance. Abertay will be my firm defenitly.
Reply 195
I heard u need an unconditional. Let me know if you find something different pls.
(I am waiting for Glasgow Cali myself before I can firm Abertay :biggrin:DD Soo slooow)
Reply 196
I heard u need an unconditional. Let me know if you find something different pls.
(I am waiting for Glasgow Cali myself before I can firm Abertay :biggrin:DD Soo slooow)

Yeah I just read it on their website. Got my last answer from Napier today. Going to firm Abertay and insure Greenwich. Hope to see you guys in September. :biggrin:
Reply 197
Just to confirm THEShade is correct, you need to be unconditional before applying for accommodation.
Reply 198
Is anyone else applying for Alloway? All the other places are great and close, but I don't want to be with a group of 2nd/3rd years who have already experienced everything, I don't want to be the only newbie. Alloway (upgraded) sounds great, just the distance is annoying but the walking will be my exercise. :colone:

What is the age group there though? I'm 19 & will be 20 in November, I don't want my flat mates to be all 17/18, being the oldest would suck. :eek:
I'll be 20 when we start and have just applied for Victoria Chambers, looks like the best of the lot (distance/ location, price, aesthetically pleasing and not single sex) but I still want to share with other newbies and all the debauched antics of 1st years, anyone know if you still get that in Vic Chambers?

Quick Reply

Latest