The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College London Freshers 2012

Scroll to see replies

Hi everyone!

Fran here from King's College London! I look after King's Official Rep profile so free feel to drop me a line if you have any questions!

Also, we have an official Facebook Freshers 2012 page, jointly run with our Student Union (KCLSU), for applicants who hold an offer with King's for entry in September 2012. Its a good way of hearing about what's coming up at Freshers Week and over the summer, and ask us any burning questions you might have, and we'll do our best to help you! Its also a good way of connecting with other applicants who you might be studying with come September! So, follow the link and get involved! http://www.facebook.com/kingscollegelondonfreshers

Fran :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
BOOM!

I'm all firmed up for Medicine (5yr)... Psyched to get started!

I'm actually going travelling from Wednesday... Doing 10 days cycling around the south of France and then 2 months around South East Asia :smile:

Problem is that I only get back on the 12th September so I'm just hoping I'm organised enough to pack my life up and get up to Landan Taan by the 17th, lol.

Anyone else jetting off before they start?

I'm just hoping that I don't get back and find I've been lumbered with one of the stupidly expensive accomodations and have to find myself somewhere privately rented within 4 days... Eep! :/
Reply 582
Original post by King’s College London
Hi everyone!

Fran here from King's College London! I look after King's Official Rep profile so free feel to drop me a line if you have any questions!

Also, we have an official Facebook Freshers 2012 page, jointly run with our Student Union (KCLSU), for applicants who hold an offer with King's for entry in September 2012. Its a good way of hearing about what's coming up at Freshers Week and over the summer, and ask us any burning questions you might have, and we'll do our best to help you! Its also a good way of connecting with other applicants who you might be studying with come September! So, follow the link and get involved! http://www.facebook.com/kingscollegelondonfreshers

Hi Fran,
I have applied for Msc Accounting, Finance & Financial Management. its been more than 6 weeks but i haven't received a reply. Can you tell me by when shall a reply will be posted to me by the admissions team.
Thanks.
Hello there!
I'll be heading to King's in September for Adult Nursing. I'm coming from America, so you hear an American accent in the halls...it may be me :smile: Looking forward to moving to London!

Sarah x

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 584
Original post by carolinerward
Hay there :-)
I am starting at KCL in September and I have put SSA as my first choice as I am studying at the Strand. Can someone please explain to me what is so bad about it? :s-smilie:
Or is it just a matter of personal preference?
I am really worried about it being rubbish now!

Less social compared to other halls. If you want to get the most out of a social experience at SSA, you will have to make the effort yourself. And also from some experiences I encountered over the course of last year, I wasn't impressed. We had one weekend where the water was cut off due to some problems, which they couldn't sort out for 2 days and also there are quite a lot of internet problems after they replaced the ethernet connection with an awful wireless connection which couldn't cope.

But the location was worth it I guess. Especially for those at Strand and Waterloo. Waterloo you can literally roll out of bed and goto lectures, Strand it's a 10 min walk and plus you won't be able to be anywhere as central as SSA for the price you pay. Being in the centre of London was pretty cool and a nice experience.

I'll leave it as that, I'm sure Vik (viksta1000) can back me up on how awful the management of the residence was. I just hope for people staying at SSA that they've improved their service for next year.

If anyone has any further questions on SSA, feel free to PM me. I'll answer them if I can.
I am torned between Brian Creamer and the SSA.. Basically the thing that drags me towards SSA is the location, and distance to the strand. Anyone with an opinion on Brian Creamer?:smile: Information about BC says that it is walking distance to the campus, but google maps says it would take about 40 min. And also, it is not very central... hmmm, difficult..
Reply 586
Original post by King’s College London
Hi everyone!

Hi Fran,

I need some help. My conditional offer was changed to unconditional offer when I submitted my exam results. However, I haven't received my CAS; it's been 2 weeks already. Apparently, Kings says they are still waiting for ukba side. Not sure what to do next.. Getting pretty anxious. Is it normal to be this long? Please advice.

Thanks.
just waiting for my offer to turn to unconditional but met all the requirments so very happy :smile: going to be studying business management anyone else on her doing that course ?
Original post by laura94
I've already firmed it for philosophy :smile:

How'd it go? Did you manage to get in?
Reply 589
Original post by ThatGuyCalledMo
How'd it go? Did you manage to get in?

Yep! So happy! Are you going too?
Original post by laura94
Yep! So happy! Are you going too?

Yup, for Philosophy as well :smile:

Reply 591
Original post by ThatGuyCalledMo
Yup, for Philosophy as well :smile:

Yay! Congrats and see you there :biggrin: do you have your accommodation offer yet?

Got Commonwealth Hall, looking to swap with Woolfson House, GDSA or SSA. If interested, let me know!
Original post by laura94
Yay! Congrats and see you there :biggrin: do you have your accommodation offer yet?

In the end, I never ended up applying since I live in London and quite close anyway.

Reply 594
Original post by narrucharas
Hello there!
I'll be heading to King's in September for Adult Nursing. I'm coming from America, so you hear an American accent in the halls...it may be me :smile: Looking forward to moving to London!

Sarah x

I'm doing Child Nursing.. what halls are you in? :smile: Tanya
Reply 595
Hey, I'll be at KCL come September to start a Child/Paediatric Nursing degree. I should be living at SSA but just skimming through the thread gives me the feeling that it isn't too good?? Has anyone stayed there previously/knows someone who has and has photos of the rooms by any chance? I'll be new to the London area and struggling to find other student nurses right now aha, maybe I'm just anxious about it all aha? Tanya :smile:
Reply 596
So excited to meet everyone! :smile:
Reply 597
Hello everyone! I just got Intercollegiate Halls (Commonwealth Hall) but I need to be closer to Guy's Campus since I'm doing Neuroscience :/ Anyone willing to swap? I'll take anything!
Reply 598
Original post by K-Elyas
Hello everyone! I just got Intercollegiate Halls (Commonwealth Hall) but I need to be closer to Guy's Campus since I'm doing Neuroscience :/ Anyone willing to swap? I'll take anything!

I don't suppose you'd like Hampstead?
Hiya, I have an offer for GDS apartments but am looking to swap with someone who has SSA??

Quick Reply

Latest