The Student Room Group

Best house/bass tracks of the year (Mixmag and Resident Advisor)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gob Bluth
Yeah, that and Modeselektion look huge! You going?

Yep, going to Heidi's night.

But it's a trek for me, so this is actually a big thing!
Original post by tehforum
Yep, going to Heidi's night.

But it's a trek for me, so this is actually a big thing!

Nice, you been before? And where you headed from? Make sure you see Kerri Chandler, one of the best djs i have seen.

He played a similar set at EE. It was quite strange as i was completely sober for it (was the last day and i had a shift with the festival just before it finished at 10pm if you're wondering :wink:) so it was very bizarre dancing sober seeing 95% of people gurning and having an amazing time haha. But yeah what a sick set and the atmosphere for it was awesome!

Lets revive this thread with one of the best sets ever!

Also, can someone identity 1hr 45 please?

Thanks
Found the tune at 1:45 in his mix in Mixmag.

I was listening to his essential mix, and there's a tracklist!

AMAZING

Komon - Walk the Walk - AUS music.

Found the tune at 1:45 in his mix in Mixmag.

I was listening to his essential mix, and there's a tracklist!

AMAZING

Komon - Walk the Walk - AUS music.

Yeah that's a nice tune, been playing that for a while after I heard it on this:

Few tunes I've been playing a lot recently anyway, new and old.

(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by rohannnnn
Yeah that's a nice tune, been playing that for a while after I heard it on this:

Few tunes I've been playing a lot recently anyway, new and old.

sup, I'll reply tomorrow with some tunes I've been banging out.

Good to see that you're back here!
Original post by rohannnnn

x

Somehow got into Modeselektor...
Reply 711
Think I've only ever posted here once but I always lurk and just wanted to say this is easily my favourite thread on TSR. The reccomendations here are crazy and I've gotten into so many new artists because of this thread. You are all heroes :biggrin:
Original post by glousck
Think I've only ever posted here once but I always lurk and just wanted to say this is easily my favourite thread on TSR. The reccomendations here are crazy and I've gotten into so many new artists because of this thread. You are all heroes :biggrin:

Thats nice!

I love music so this is perfect for me and its nice to see my music tastes align with others
Reply 713
Thats nice!

I love music so this is perfect for me and its nice to see my music tastes align with others

I also like the psytrance thread as well but in terms of how consistently awesome the recommendations are in this thread, this is my favourite. :smile: Out of curiosity, what headphones do you find best to listen to dance/house/bass music on? I don't want to say the B word (don't hate me :lol:) but they are quite good in terms of pure bass and slickness.
Original post by glousck
I also like the psytrance thread as well but in terms of how consistently awesome the recommendations are in this thread, this is my favourite. :smile: Out of curiosity, what headphones do you find best to listen to dance/house/bass music on? I don't want to say the B word (don't hate me :lol:) but they are quite good in terms of pure bass and slickness.

ah psytrance...

so you were off your head?
Reply 715
ah psytrance...

so you were off your head?

:lol: don't get me wrong a lot, a LOT of psytrance is just weird noise but some of it I also like. dance/house/bass music is good for if you're off your head or completely sober :tongue:
woo glad this thread is starting back up hopefully, I am beyond gutted that I'm not in Amsterdam right now raving at Time Warp. srsly cry http://www.festicket.com/festival/time-warp-holland-2013/
Original post by ChildishHambino
woo glad this thread is starting back up hopefully, I am beyond gutted that I'm not in Amsterdam right now raving at Time Warp. srsly cry http://www.festicket.com/festival/time-warp-holland-2013/

Big lineup, saw Sven Vath last weekend. So good. Adam Beyer, Mathew Jonson and Guti too. Great night, not enough techno in the UK
Original post by Gob Bluth
Big lineup, saw Sven Vath last weekend. So good. Adam Beyer, Mathew Jonson and Guti too. Great night, not enough techno in the UK

Where was Sven!!? That sounds like a wicked night tbh. Vath was the one I really wanted to see, along with Magda. Missed out because I broke my leg a day before booking my flight :frown:
Original post by ChildishHambino
Where was Sven!!? That sounds like a wicked night tbh. Vath was the one I really wanted to see, along with Magda. Missed out because I broke my leg a day before booking my flight :frown:

Bristol. It was Cocoon.

He dropped pretty much the full entirity of this 14 minute song near the start of his set. Incredible, i only said the other day this was one of those club tunes you go crazy too and really needed to hear it. Great moment(s).

Quick Reply

Latest