The Student Room Group

student finance still processing/uni sent me 9k tuition fees invoice

there is a thread that was posted an hour ago that i cannot reply to for some reason so i hope the person who made the thread sees this
i submitted my student finance application back in may before the deadline thinking i would not be going through this mess. so basically i've been living outside the uk for 4 years and student finance needed evidence to prove that i was outside the uk temporarily and even after submitting what feels like thousands of evidence, my sfe is still being processed with a next expected update in december
i've been stressing out about this whole thing and just last week i recieved an email from my uni about overdue tuition fees and im scared that my uni might kick me out for this
i seriously cannot afford to pay 9k
please reply to me on this account
i posted same thread on other account but it got deleted
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Ugsumya
there is a thread that was posted an hour ago that i cannot reply to for some reason so i hope the person who made the thread sees this
i submitted my student finance application back in may before the deadline thinking i would not be going through this mess. so basically i've been living outside the uk for 4 years and student finance needed evidence to prove that i was outside the uk temporarily and even after submitting what feels like thousands of evidence, my sfe is still being processed with a next expected update in december
i've been stressing out about this whole thing and just last week i recieved an email from my uni about overdue tuition fees and im scared that my uni might kick me out for this
i seriously cannot afford to pay 9k
please reply to me on this account
i posted same thread on other account but it got deleted

hi!! im not sure why you couldn't reply to my thread.

its so stressful because SFE want evidence for every tiny gap and they never ask for it all at once which delays the whole processing. what makes it even more annoying is that universities are not willing to adjust things based on your situation and still send out an invoice of 9k which is ridiculous. keep ringing in student finance and let them know your application needs to be sorted out on an urgent basis because December is so far away. have you tried talking to your university about your situation as well. I think if you keep bringing it up to your university that you have applied to SFE and provide them with your CRN and student support number, it should help. I will be going to my student hub/ student advisor to discuss this with them but I hope they actually listen to me. its been so stressful I cant even focus on my studies. 9k is impossible for me to pay which is why I applied to student finance in the first place
Reply 2
Original post by Fza.
hi!! im not sure why you couldn't reply to my thread.

its so stressful because SFE want evidence for every tiny gap and they never ask for it all at once which delays the whole processing. what makes it even more annoying is that universities are not willing to adjust things based on your situation and still send out an invoice of 9k which is ridiculous. keep ringing in student finance and let them know your application needs to be sorted out on an urgent basis because December is so far away. have you tried talking to your university about your situation as well. I think if you keep bringing it up to your university that you have applied to SFE and provide them with your CRN and student support number, it should help. I will be going to my student hub/ student advisor to discuss this with them but I hope they actually listen to me. its been so stressful I cant even focus on my studies. 9k is impossible for me to pay which is why I applied to student finance in the first place

heyy
have you heard back from them yet?
Reply 3
Original post by Ugsumya
heyy
have you heard back from them yet?

Yes! But they are asking for another piece of evidence to prove my long residency😐 I’ll be getting attendance letters from my high school/sixth form and will be sending it to student finance again since apparently they never received them. My university are unable to do anything until they receive an approval even though I discussed my issue with them face-to-face. They tell me that it is unfair for every other student who has to pay. So I am hoping things work out and that this is the final piece of evidence I have to send so they can approve my student loan.
How about your situation?
Original post by Fza.
Yes! But they are asking for another piece of evidence to prove my long residency😐 I’ll be getting attendance letters from my high school/sixth form and will be sending it to student finance again since apparently they never received them. My university are unable to do anything until they receive an approval even though I discussed my issue with them face-to-face. They tell me that it is unfair for every other student who has to pay. So I am hoping things work out and that this is the final piece of evidence I have to send so they can approve my student loan.

Heyy! I’m kinda in a similar situation as you 😭 unfortunately. I’m applying through long residency and I’ve submitted soo much evidence. On November the 1st I submitted 3 letters from my primary,secondary and 6 form confirming that I’ve lived here since the date. I’m lit so worried they won’t reply in time. My uni advised me to pay half the tuition fee and then when my sf gets confirmed I can ask for a refund. So Yh that’s what I’ll do - but 4k is not gonna be an easy amount to pay but oh well 🥲. Can you ask ur uni abt that?

Also Yh I also sent them so much through the post but apparently they never received it 💀. I cried that day but I lost my tracking number so couldn’t do anything. So now I’ve sent it and have the tracking number as proof 🙈
Reply 5
Original post by JewelDeSantoth
Heyy! I’m kinda in a similar situation as you 😭 unfortunately. I’m applying through long residency and I’ve submitted soo much evidence. On November the 1st I submitted 3 letters from my primary,secondary and 6 form confirming that I’ve lived here since the date. I’m lit so worried they won’t reply in time. My uni advised me to pay half the tuition fee and then when my sf gets confirmed I can ask for a refund. So Yh that’s what I’ll do - but 4k is not gonna be an easy amount to pay but oh well 🥲. Can you ask ur uni abt that?

Also Yh I also sent them so much through the post but apparently they never received it 💀. I cried that day but I lost my tracking number so couldn’t do anything. So now I’ve sent it and have the tracking number as proof 🙈

omg nooo😕 its so stressful gathering those letters. Hopefully they receive it this time. I’m still waiting for my highsch to print out those letters for me to collect😭all this waiting literally worries me tht it’ll b too late and my uni will suspend me from my course. i went into my Unis Finance office nd told them abt my inability to pay anything and that I have applied to student finance who r still Processing my evidence, and thankfully they have put my tuition fee instalment on hold up to a certain date. so I recommend u go to ur office and discuss the situation w them face to face.
Original post by Fza.
omg nooo😕 its so stressful gathering those letters. Hopefully they receive it this time. I’m still waiting for my highsch to print out those letters for me to collect😭all this waiting literally worries me tht it’ll b too late and my uni will suspend me from my course. i went into my Unis Finance office nd told them abt my inability to pay anything and that I have applied to student finance who r still Processing my evidence, and thankfully they have put my tuition fee instalment on hold up to a certain date. so I recommend u go to ur office and discuss the situation w them face to face.

😭 they’ve given me a date to pay half the tuition fee that I’ll be able to hopefully pay. But after that I hope my student finance gets sorted so that I can get a refund
Reply 7
Original post by Fza.

heyy!! sorry i've just seen this
but yeah they emailed me saying i needed to submit in more evidence and im literally so done atp
i sent them the evidence so hopefully it works out.
i hope it works out for you as well
Original post by Ugsumya
heyy!! sorry i've just seen this
but yeah they emailed me saying i needed to submit in more evidence and im literally so done atp
i sent them the evidence so hopefully it works out.
i hope it works out for you as well

Hiii! Good news my sfa got accepted and I don’t have to pay 🫶 Wbu?
Reply 9
Original post by JewelDeSantoth
Hiii! Good news my sfa got accepted and I don’t have to pay 🫶 Wbu?

hiyaaaa!! omg what a coincidence mine got accepted as well🤎🤎🤎🤎
Original post by Ugsumya
hiyaaaa!! omg what a coincidence mine got accepted as well🤎🤎🤎🤎

Omggg finallyyy! So happy for you! Hopefully next year it’s less difficult 😭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending