The Student Room Group

Application for internships “expected grade”

Here’s the deal. About 90% of my grades r above 70% (1st) but I flunked 2/5 of my finals (heavily weighted) in y1 which brought my average down to the 50s (2:2). I’m in y2 now; it’s going good and weighting of y1<y2 so currently my overall grades would balance to like a 2:1. I’m still aiming for a 1st. But obviously I only have the transcripts for y1 so my grades r looking kinda slightly not so good.
The internship requires a minimum of 2:1 expected.

What do I put?
Original post by greensmith
Here’s the deal. About 90% of my grades r above 70% (1st) but I flunked 2/5 of my finals (heavily weighted) in y1 which brought my average down to the 50s (2:2). I’m in y2 now; it’s going good and weighting of y1<y2 so currently my overall grades would balance to like a 2:1. I’m still aiming for a 1st. But obviously I only have the transcripts for y1 so my grades r looking kinda slightly not so good.
The internship requires a minimum of 2:1 expected.

What do I put?

Hey,

You could ask your academic advisor/supervisor for help; sometimes for things like this they can provide a letter which explains your circumstances and why you are still on track to get a 2:1. I would still put 2:1 and then have that letter from your academic advisor to hand.

Best of luck with everything!
Natalie
University of Kent Student Rep (2nd year PhD Psychology)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending