The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

The 'Ask a current student' thread! (University of Birmingham)

Scroll to see replies

I want to do Biomed at Birmingham.... I also know I want to be a part of ACS, Cheerleading (if there is a squad) and a Medsoc... but I'm planning on commuting to university everyday. My commute is between 1hr-1hr30, depending on the time of day. I was wondering whether this was feasible?
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
What's pharmacy at UOB like?
Is there anything that UOB do on their course (e.g. certain placements) that Aston uni doesn't do?
Gym- Any Gym members here with a referal code? From what I understand if you share a referral code we would both get a month free? OR if anyone wants to join the gym this weekend we can also sign up and both get a month free.
Hi , any idea on the sanctions imposed for alleged collusion.
Original post by Lit-Lover
Hello and welcome to the Ask a Birmingham Student thread. :biggrin:

Many thanks to @thesilvermagnolia for starting this thread originally. :smile:

I'm Lit-Lover, I studied English at the University of Birmingham and I'm happy to answer any questions you may have. :woo:
Also around to answer questions is @ambzzzz, a recent graduate for Biomedicine. :awesome:
You might want to ask @a-aron any questions about Medicine at Birmingham, as they're a current student studying that here. :yes:
If you have any questions about the application process for Birmingham, feel free to ask @ZombieTheWolf who's a recent applicant for Biomedicine. :smile:

Tag one of us in this thread and we'll be sure to get back to you with an answer to your question(s). :woo:

For a big list of "Ask a Student" threads, click here.

Hello, not sure if this is still active but I have applied to UOB Psychology in Education for the 2022 entry. How often do they accept international students and are there students from Singapore in that course? What is uni life like for international students? thank you :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by _itstomz_
Hello, not sure if this is still active but I have applied to UOB Psychology in Education for the 2022 entry. How often do they accept international students and are there students from Singapore in that course? What is uni life like for international students? thank you :smile:

Hi,
Bit late to this but thought a response would be helpful. I did not do Psychology, however, the international community is quite large at UoB and from what I gather. There is a specific international society and guild officer that arranges a range of activities. For more information, you can join the UoB unofficial Facebook page that has all of the guild officers on that you can contact (Fab N Fresh - New).
Original post by mlprice
Hi,
Bit late to this but thought a response would be helpful. I did not do Psychology, however, the international community is quite large at UoB and from what I gather. There is a specific international society and guild officer that arranges a range of activities. For more information, you can join the UoB unofficial Facebook page that has all of the guild officers on that you can contact (Fab N Fresh - New).

Hi, thank you so much for replying! I have firmed UoB for Psychology in Education! looking forward xx
Hey guys,

If anyone has any more questions whatsoever about student life, accommodation, your course, societies etc. don't hesitate to ask us!

Best wishes,
James - 4th Year Chemistry Student @ the Univeristy of Birmingham

I'm Lit-Lover, I studied English at the University of Birmingham and I'm happy to answer any questions you may have. :woo:
Also around to answer questions is @ambzzzz, a recent graduate for Biomedicine. :awesome:
You might want to ask @a-aron any questions about Medicine at Birmingham, as they're a current student studying that here. :yes:
If you have any questions about the application process for Birmingham, feel free to ask @ZombieTheWolf who's a recent applicant for Biomedicine. :smile:

Tag one of us in this thread and we'll be sure to get back to you with an answer to your question(s). :woo:

Hi,
I would like to study at University of Birmingham and would like to start this year in September. I was wondering if the university is still considering late applications? I want to apply now via UCAS x
Hello, I've accepted an offer of MA Literature and Culture at Birmingham. May I ask for the pros and cons of this course? Thank you in advance!
Hi,
I've received an offer for two courses- Education and Education and sociology. I was wondering of anyone has done these courses and the pros and cons, and also their opinion as to which one they think is better.
Thanks
Original post by Aglarien
Hello, I've accepted an offer of MA Literature and Culture at Birmingham. May I ask for the pros and cons of this course? Thank you in advance!

I've accepted my offer too! See you in September :smile:
I've accepted my offer too!

Does Birm Uni feel big/intimidating?
Hi,
I have been offered a placed in the MPA(Human Resources) Postgraduate Taught Program at University of Birmingham. I actually had also applied for Msc. Human Resource Management. However, I have been communicated that my application is being considered by the school and is currently with the Tutor to make the decision since the admissions team couldn't internally take a decision. I am more inclined towards Msc. HRM instead of MPA Human Resources.

I was looking forward to understand the employability of both the programs independently in UK in the field of Human Resources - Learning and Development. Also, if anyone could help me understand how likely it is to receive an offer for Msc. HRM in my case given the fact that I also already hold an unconditional offer in MPA HR?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending