The Student Room Group

The Cambridge 2012 Results Day Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anniejb
Well done on your offers everyone :biggrin:

anyone else got an offer for history at pembroke?

ok I need some help (and sorry, this might be a bit of a thick question), the offer is A*AA but I can't figure out if they have specified the A* in history or not. In the letter it says

A*AA across History and two of French, Government & Politics, and Philosophy

Does that mean the A* has to be in history or that the A* can be any subject, I just have to get a least an A in history? Thankyou :biggrin:

It looks like you have to get an A or A* in history and the others in the other subjects :smile:
It would probably say something like "A* in History along with AA in two of..."
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by anniejb

Original post by anniejb

ok I need some help (and sorry, this might be a bit of a thick question), the offer is A*AA but I can't figure out if they have specified the A* in history or not. In the letter it says

Does that mean the A* has to be in history or that the A* can be any subject, I just have to get a least an A in history? Thankyou :biggrin:

I think it means that it's the standard A*AA, but History has to be one of those three. :smile:
I have an offer to study History of Art at Downing college - does anyone else have an offer for History of Art, Downing or both? :smile:
Original post by anniejb

Yeah it means that you have to get an A* and two As, with at least an A in History.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 384
Original post by Hpring1
History for 2012 entry but i'm thinking i might ask to defer.... I'm an international applicant from Australia. What subject did you apply for? :smile:

Cool! What makes you want to defer? I applied for Law :biggrin:
Reply 385
College: St. Catharine's
Subject: Law
Offer was conditional, but I think I'll be able to meet the requirements.
Completely over the moon. :biggrin:
If there's anyone else who got an offer from Catz, Law or both, let me know!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Glacey
College: St. Catharine's
Subject: Law
Offer was conditional, but I think I'll be able to meet the requirements.
Completely over the moon. :biggrin:
If there's anyone else who got an offer from Catz, Law or both, let me know!

I have an offer for English at Catz! Are you starting in 2012? Also what day was your interview; we might have taken our admissions tests together :wink:
Reply 387
I have an offer for History at Catz for 2012 entry :smile: A*AA requirements too!
I just came to say congratulations to everyone accepted! As I posted on another thread, the next few years of your lives are going to be incredible. :smile:
Reply 389
Original post by ciaranchilli

I have an offer for English at Catz! Are you starting in 2012? Also what day was your interview; we might have taken our admissions tests together :wink:

In 2012. The interview was on 7 December. How about you?
Reply 390
Original post by Jian_Earle
YES! :biggrin:

which college?? email me your fb?:biggrin:
Original post by la343
Oh that's quite specific! Seems like you're doing quite a few A Levels :tongue: the offer seems doable though :smile: My offer says the A* can be in any of physics, chemistry and further maths, which I'm very pleased about! Ah that would be good :biggrin: At the moment it'll probably be UCL, unless I get an offer from Durham (both for Natural Sciences)! What did you apply for everywhere else? And have you decided on an insurance yet? x

Yeah its is a bit specific, 4 a levels and then further maths AS at home because my college doesn't teach it :'( yeah hopefully! What has UCL offered then? I have A*AA from durham and bath and AAB from nottingham for natural sciences. I decided against London so ruled out UCL so applied for Chemical Physics at Bristol, they've offered me AAA so I may have that as my insurance :smile: not sure - torn between Durham and Bristol, I'm sure you'll get an offer from Durham, which college did you apply to? I applied to Hatfield. xx
Original post by anniejb

That means history and two of the others must make up your A*AA :smile:
Reply 393
Original post by a.byrnie
Cool! What makes you want to defer? I applied for Law :biggrin:

$90,000 british pounds..... Kind of makes me want to defer and save.. haha. Wow that's amazing :smile: Where are you from?
Original post by Glacey
In 2012. The interview was on 7 December. How about you?

Good I will hopefully see you there then, assuming we both get the grades!

7th December, same as you! So we've basically met each other, how weird
Reply 395
Clare, English, A*AA. Anyone else for Clare or English? I should imagine everyone who took the last test slot on the 6th should remember me, given that I was the one typing VERY VERY loudly. :P
Reply 396
Original post by MozzaTheUnready
Congratulations! Yay fellow ASNaC! :biggrin: If all goes as hoped I should see you in october :smile: Which papers are you thinking of taking?

I'm definitely taking the Celtic/Irish-papers and the Anglo-Saxon-papers. And being Swedish I'd like to take the Old Norse language-paper but considering I would also like to take up Latin again (read Latin for a year in my second year of the Swedish equivalent of 6th form) but I'm not sure if I'm going to cope with so many new languages at once. xP
How about you? :smile:
Reply 397
Original post by BiscuitGirl
Course: Anglo-Saxon, Norse and Celtic (Anyone? Anyone at all?)
College: Pembroke
Unconditional because I took my exams last year.

My mum is very pleased with my choice of college - just across the road from Fitzbillies, not that we're cake-obsessed in our family, goodness me no.

Yay, another ASNaC undonditional!! :biggrin: :wavey:
Reply 398

Good I will hopefully see you there then, assuming we both get the grades!

7th December, same as you! So we've basically met each other, how weird

Small world, indeed :biggrin: Fingers crossed for both of us in terms of the grades.
Original post by bsg
Clare, English, A*AA. Anyone else for Clare or English? I should imagine everyone who took the last test slot on the 6th should remember me, given that I was the one typing VERY VERY loudly. :P

I'm for English at Catz! Any thoughts about what you'll choose for the European languages paper, or what you'll substitute for it? Assuming you get the grades I mean, which I'm sure you will :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending