The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Wolfson College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Hi there,
just wanted to ask if there are any Wolfson applicants out there?

I'm applying to Vet Med, I have an interview on Dec 10th yay:biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It would surprise me. You're only the fourth mature student applicant I've encountered on TSR (for Cam obviously)
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 2
I know where Wolfson is :smile: It's quite nice. That's all I can add to this thread :frown:
Reply 3
> I just wanted to ask if there are any Wolfson applicants out there?

Me! ;-).
Applied for Computer Science with Natural Sciences for 2010, not yet got invitation to interview.
Reply 4
Hey!

I've applied for Wolfson, Due to a big mix up at my current college my ucas application was received late and thus my SAQ was as well. India Darsley, from the Wolfson admissions office, has been great though. Lets just hope this hasn't affected my application too much!

I've applied for PPS.

So yes, Hey to the tens of Wolfson applicants out there.
Reply 5
> I've applied for Wolfson, Due to a big mix up at my current college
> my ucas application was received late and thus my SAQ was as well.
Oh dear! I'm sorry, hope they understand, I think that they should if your college sends appropriate apologies for the problem to them.

I understood UCAS deadline 2009-10-15, SAQ 2009-10-22, and I had both in 'on time' for their respective deadlines.

I had excellent discussions with relevant Director-of-Studies and previous Admissions Tutor. They were very encouraging!

> I've applied for PPS.
Not my sort of thing! Oh well ;-).

> So yes, Hey to the tens of Wolfson applicants out there.
Yes, probably a lot of international applicants, less likely to be on this forum maybe?
Reply 6
Hey enyc,

I got my side of the ucas application in well before the 15th deadline, however it wasn't sent off by my college until the 21st I think it was - The director of my college got in touch to explain my situation.

Wolfson thus gave me until the 28th to submit my SAQ.

You say you've had a chat with the Director-of-studies and Admissions tutor? With regards to what?

Perhaps with Wolfson being predominantly being applied for by Mature applicants, this could be a reason why there's a lack of us on here!
Reply 7
Who2004uk
Hey enyc,
You say you've had a chat with the Director-of-studies and Admissions tutor? With regards to what?

Oh just all the usual, environment, application, course, ...
I was talking about my A2 project, application, etc. with the DoS and the answer was very much 'apply, apply!' and 'put all this on your application'. Very encouraging. I seemed to speak 'on the same level' with him. I appeared to have a reasonable understanding what the course was about, etc.

Who2004uk
Perhaps with Wolfson being predominantly being applied for by Mature applicants, this could be a reason why there's a lack of us on here!

Well it has a lot of graduate students... The undergraduates are in the minority there, I think.
Reply 8
its good to get to know each other..ill be 21 when i enter and ill be doing law!
Reply 9
Hey...I'll be 21 too and studying English :smile:
Reply 10
hi 21 too, PPS, Wolfson, my usas hasn't updated yet but I've got the letter.
kch
hi 21 too, PPS, Wolfson, my usas hasn't updated yet but I've got the letter.

Neither has mine. When is your letter dated from? Mine says January 5th- seems odd considering they didn't interview me till the 14th...hmmm. I didn't think Cambridge did typos...! :yes:
Hello all. Just found this thread. I got fished by Wolfson for Anth & Arch. Originally applied to Clare. A little bit annoyed that Clare didn;t accept me, but Wolfson looks like the right place now. I will be 28 when I start.

I guess there are not many Wolfson undergrads. Maybe around 30 odd admitted each year? Should be easier to get to know each other.

Ready to all get firsts and kick Wolfson up the Tompkins Table?
Reply 13
Certainly!
Reply 14
Hi folks, I've been reading these boards for ages now but I figured it was time to actually join the chat. I'll be doing law at Wolfson next year. I'm seriously excited.
Reply 15
someone start a fb grp! haha...
Reply 17
Hi everyone,

This is my first post. I was glued to the student room during the interview process but never posted because there seemed to be so few mature students!

I haven't been back on since January when I got my acceptance from Wolfson so I'm glad I signed in today and found this forum.

Look forward to meeting you all in October!
Reply 18
Bump.

Hi.

Sup.
Has anyone ever received the drawing task from Wolfson College or any other College at Cambridge, or know what it is like and what one should be expecting?

Quick Reply

Latest