The Student Room Group

A level Geography

Would a good grade at A-level in geography show that I am capable of writting/have good essay writting skills? ... I wan't to do medicine btw and will already have a levels in sciences and maths!

thanks for any help :smile:
Reply 1
The main thing for medicine is that you have the relevant sciences that they ask for, assuming you're doing Chemistry and Biology (and maths which ties on nicely) you should be fine in terms of the 'right subjects'.

As for geography A-level, you do write a lot of essays! Especially at A2 level, 40 mark essays, 40 marks!! Geography is a great subject and covers a nice broad range of topics, and in some cases biology/ chem will compliment some of the physical aspects. I recommend taking it if you're looking for a good essay based subject!
Reply 2
Original post by 04ghicks
The main thing for medicine is that you have the relevant sciences that they ask for, assuming you're doing Chemistry and Biology (and maths which ties on nicely) you should be fine in terms of the 'right subjects'.

As for geography A-level, you do write a lot of essays! Especially at A2 level, 40 mark essays, 40 marks!! Geography is a great subject and covers a nice broad range of topics, and in some cases biology/ chem will compliment some of the physical aspects. I recommend taking it if you're looking for a good essay based subject!

thanks :smile: yeah im doing chemistry, physics, biology and maths at the moment... doing them a year early so will have a year free :biggrin: ... yeah I'm looking for a good essay based subject and I liked geography at gcse so will probably do the a-level next year! cheers :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending