The Student Room Group

A level decision help

I'm taking Chemistry, Biology, and computing with an epq for a levels, however chemistry i am on provisionally, I think I'll stay on, but just in case i dont, what would be a better option to swap out for chemistry in terms of potential university courses, Im trying to decide between Law or geography.
Original post by Not_my_name
I'm taking Chemistry, Biology, and computing with an epq for a levels, however chemistry i am on provisionally, I think I'll stay on, but just in case i dont, what would be a better option to swap out for chemistry in terms of potential university courses, Im trying to decide between Law or geography.

For law it would be good if you can take English language/any other language. If not, history would also be good. If you want to pursue geography it would be best to take A level geography (most schools require you to take it).
Original post by Not_my_name

Law doesn't require you to have any specific A Levels, so you can do whatever.

Geography generally doesn't have specific required subjects, but the pickier universities would ask for 2 sciences or geography related subjects. The range of accepted subjects can be large (some don't make any sense, but hey).

Other subjects you can look into:

Economics

Geography

Physics

Psychology

Sociology - you might want to check whether this is accepted at the uni that you want to go to

Something environmental

Maths - possibly

Geology

As the subjects you choose for geography can be flexible, I would go for the one that you can get the highest grade in.

Quick Reply

Latest