The Student Room Group

Is Geography a must for A levels to do architecture

I am choosing my subjects for A levels and I don’t know if I should choose textiles or geography. I did geography for igcse and I think I would enjoy textiles more but I don’t know if my lack of geography will affect me from going to do architecture
Subjects I want to take:
Maths
Physics
IT (Information Technology)
Geography or Textiles
(edited 2 months ago)
Geography from what I know has no link to architecture???
Reply 2
no
Reply 3
Original post by miscellaneouss
Geography from what I know has no link to architecture???

Apparently you need to know the environment around u so geography is recommended
Original post by Yesjustyes
I am choosing my subjects for A levels and I don’t know if I should choose textiles or geography. I did geography for igcse and I think I would enjoy textiles more but I don’t know if my lack of geography will affect me from going to do architecture
Subjects I want to take:
Maths
Physics
IT (Information Technology)
Geography or Textiles

The following thread shows the A level entry requirements for RIBA-approved architecture courses in the UK:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7361710

The majority don't require specific subjects but most will require you to submit a portfolio of creative work during the application process so taking textiles (or art) would help you prepare for this. Also, you only need three A levels so don't take four. Geography isn't a required subject but some of the A level course content (sense of place, environment, sustainability, etc.) is relevant - but don't take it if you don't enjoy the subject.

Quick Reply

Latest