The Student Room Group

Electronics and Music

Hello,

I sent my application a few days ago, haven't gotten any replies yet, so now comes the time of sitting, waiting, wishing :biggrin:. From my 5 choices, if I just look at the paper, the Electronics&Music course in Glasgow looks the best to me. It would be really interesting to know more about the course of people who study it? How are you satisfied? I guess most of the courses will focus on music technology, but how much time do you actually have to pratice / what is the workload of the course?

Thank you :-)
Reply 1
Hey I've applied to this course :smile: .

Havnt got any offers back yet though and I applied on the 16 december. Did you apply for the MEng or BEng?
Hope ya get it and see ya there, its my first choice aswell! :smile:
Reply 2
I applied for BEng, because I was sick for my maths exam and I really ****ed it up...but I hope to be able to switch to MEng at some point :-) What about you? Have you spoken to any actual students there?
Reply 3
Ive applied for the MEng but its the same courses for the first couple of years so we'd be in the same classes n stuff. I havnt spoken to any students in the engineering faculty yet, I really want to speak to somebody doing this course as it just looks sooo good and I want to hear an inside opinion.
If ya end up talking to anybody any chance you could say about it in this thread or pm me? :smile: and Ill do the same for you.
Reply 4
Yes for sure! As soon as I get offers, I plan to visit the universities to speak with staff, to speak with students and to have a feeling of the general atmosphere on the campus, since that's, besides a good course, also a big point for me, that I feel comfortable during my studies. For example I was pretty disappointed when I went to Zurich to visit the ETH - for sure it is one of the best universities in the world, but the campus feels so cold, I would never want to study there!
Reply 5
just to let ya know I got an offer today! woo, I'm totally gonna go to glasgow and see the department and stuff.

Quick Reply

Latest