The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
sherunsaway
Thought I'd spruce it up a bit.

Hahahaha!
Reply 101
Can someone explain something to me cause this is ***sing me off. Muslims protested against the war in Iraq in their millions all across the world because they were against it, OK. They protest, violently, all across the world against these pathetic cartoons because they say they are against it. OK again.

But what I don't understand:confused: , is that they also say they are against Islamic extremism, Islamic terrorism against innocent people and the satirical and offensive way in which Christians/Jews and the West in general are portrayed in the Muslim world, yet they never march against those things. They never walk in their tens, let alone thousands and millions in a city with posters saying "No killing, no terrorism in the name of Islam". This begs the thought that they really are not against Islamic extremism and terrorism and are unfair, ignorant, double standard practising, sick, intolerant, discourtious and rude people.:mad:

This is our Europe, we thought the Commies, Nazis, dictators, fascists, religion and many other obstacles to achieve freedom of speech. Over my dead body will anyone challenge this sacred right.

'I disagree with what you say, but i will defend to death your right to say it' :yy: - Voltaire.
Reply 102
The Basilisk
I know, Britain is most compassionate. They have the decency to not publish the cartoons. I'm proud to be British!

What a contrast - it actually made me feel ashamed that no one had the balls to publish them. And I assure you, the death threats were probably what put them off!

But what I don't understand , is that they also say they are against Islamic extremism, Islamic terrorism against innocent people and the satirical and offensive way in which Christians/Jews and the West in general are portrayed in the Muslim world, yet they never march against those things. They never walk in their tens, let alone thousands and millions in a city with posters saying "No killing, no terrorism in the name of Islam". This begs the thought that they really are not against Islamic extremism and terrorism and are unfair, ignorant, double standard practising, sick, intolerant, discourtious and rude people

The 'muslim association of Britain' who condemned the 7/7 attacks are actually closely linked to some terrorist muslim organization.
A imam who condemned the attacks was later caught praising them on secret film.

Strange that isn't it? We're continually told that the majority of muslims condemn the attacks but then we look around and can never seem to find this vast majority.

Maybe they're all hiding under rocks somewhere hoping that the evil right will leave them alone and stop blaming them. :rolleyes:
Zakaz

Strange that isn't it? We're continually told that the majority of muslims condemn the attacks but then we look around and can never seem to find this vast majority.

Maybe they're all hiding under rocks somewhere hoping that the evil right will leave them alone and stop blaming them. :rolleyes:

OR may be they are all holidaying in MARS :biggrin: (provided they have withdrawed enough dole-money, so far :wink:
Zakaz
What a contrast - it actually made me feel ashamed that no one had the balls to publish them. And I assure you, the death threats were probably what put them off!

The 'muslim association of Britain' who condemned the 7/7 attacks are actually closely linked to some terrorist muslim organization.
A imam who condemned the attacks was later caught praising them on secret film.

Moderates talk quietly, extremists yell. That's why the latter invariably drown out the former. These latest demonstrations are in fact an attempt to march in thousands saying "no killing" etc. But of course stereotypes do not yield to something as feeble as truth.

Which terrorist organisation was it, out of interest? The same one supported by Amnesty International perchance?

Strange that my local mosque expresses precisely that vast majority - I don't know of anyone who goes there who supports terrorism. Except me, obviously.

If you are on the Terror Squad, click here

Spoiler

Reply 105
Maybe we don't hear the Christians and Jews going crazy over negative literature/drawings since they personally will question their religion and accept questions/criticism from other groups, just look at the sex offenders being concealed by the Catholic Church, they have accepted that is has happened. The punishment should be severe for any sex offender, I would like to see them done away with, no-one should be allowed to hide behind any organisation and those who hide them should allways be dealt with.
I ask if the Catholic Church had acted like the fantics we see with their death to the West poster would the Church still be hiding sex offenders???
To progress we must accept responsibility and criticism, we are after all living in a open country where the right to disagree does exist. I have seen films in the Middle East in which alot of censorship takes place over 'Arab Characters'
When we can laugh at ourselves we are more than likely to brush off silly things rather than blowing up and getting all fanatical about things.
Zakaz
mate, if you and 5 skins took to the streets with a banner that said 'I disagree with Islam' you'd be arrested!

Hell, if you made a private speech, to a group of non-muslims and you said you don't like muslims then again, dragged through the courts! :mad:

Repeat after me:
WE MUST NOT CRITICIZE OUR NEW OVERLORDS

The justice system, and politcal correctness of this country is pathetic. How hard is it to see these muslims are blatantly spreading hate. What happened the enciting hate act we passed, is it non-specific against whites?
Reply 107
I think its dispicable, the government of the UK hasn't done anything wrong, if these people can't accept free speech, why do they claim 'Britishness'.
Reply 108
Right On! I would suggest we move on from the debating stage and start making your voices heard by your MP etc. All MPs will hold meetings evey few weeks in the areas I would suggest going along. For too long these individuals have had it far too easy in regards to the 18-25 age group. You could even start a petition. There is a section on the Lab website about doing this.
Don't sit back and take the crap from the over-represented, lets sort this country out and put the Great back into Britain.
Reply 109
little_red_sox
I am ABSOLUTELY SICK TO DEATH of hearing about this. Yet more attention seeking from muslim extremists. They don't want their faith to be isolated?? They think the rest of the world is victimising them?
Try NOT getting the world's attention by causing chaos over something ridiculous.
Has anyone seen 'The life of Brian'? That was a FILM dedicated to taking the piss out of Catholics. I have a copy of Viz in my room which contains a cartoon of Jesus deicted as a heroin addict! Can you imagine if we all reacted like this?

The end of the world over a ****ing cartoon.
Get over it. Please.

If Christians have a problem with cartoons of Jesus they should protest too, just because they don't care doesn't mean the muslims should llet it slide. Plus it is a very important part of the muslim faith that images of Mohammed are not produced which is why there has been so much uproar. I am not against the publication of the cartoons the first time but to deliberately antagonize muslims by re-publishing them is ridiculous after they have clearly demonstrated that they are truly offended by them. It's positively childlike, "oh look they're pissed off let's all do it again and again, just because we can and to make them more angry!"

British Muslims are demonstrating in London becuase its our capital city, where people will take note on an internbational scale. Its not possible for everyone to trek over to Denmark and there is not need because the gesture is clear to see.
Reply 110
a lot of people have got the point that demonstrating in britain and buring flags in other countries is a bit pointless when the cartoons were actually published in denmark.

However, for years n years there have been drawings of mohammed (pbuh) by muslims in turkey, etc yet there wasnt an outcry about that. And isnt it ok to draw the prophet if it is in regard to before he was visited by an angel??

In general, it might well have been wrong to publish those cartoons but the response by muslims across the world has brought more shame and ridicule then the cartoons ever could and i think that is why non-muslims are getting fed up with the whole outcry. When the likes of Abu Hamza or bin Laden in the name of Islam were preaching hate did an army of non-muslims take to the streets with placards 'Kill all muslims', burning flags of Islamic states and dress yp in KKK outfits? No, of course not cos we know thats not the way to protest.

Maybe its about time we enforced the law rigidly instead of tip-toeing over certain groups of people.
aaronc2
why do they claim 'Britishness'.

That's the way one can sign themselves on the dole, along with claiming free health care & get the free British education :biggrin:

As Delboy once said, "only people who gets council house & benefits are those with half a dozen kids & speak English with a foreign accent" :biggrin:
Reply 112
Flux
9 more dead in Libya

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4726204.stm

Let's hope they keep their cool at this protest in London tomorrow and nobody is killed.

No, lets hope someone is, it will bring into sharp relief the absurdity of this whole series of events and maybe some reason will provail.
So is this 100,000 march definetly happening today? There doesnt seem to be that much news on it
Reply 114
Zakaz
I apologize for using the Daily Mail (I don't read it normally, honest!!!) as a source for this, but apparently the MAB (who organized today's farce) have extremely close links to muslim extremists:

"moderate voice"? And there they were today...protesting about 'freedom'.

I would not classify Palestinians fighting for their land back (Hamas) as Muslim extremism as such, no matter how reprehensible blowing up innocents is.

It's like saying the IRA are Catholic extremists - technically true but the motivation for the action is political, not religious.
Nightowl
So is this 100,000 march definetly happening today? There doesnt seem to be that much news on it

i know 8 coaches have gone from my area. i will be surprised if there are less than 40,000 people
:hmmm:
Reply 116
Can anyone explain to me just what exactly the demonstration is aiming to achieve? The British government can't do anything about Danish cartoons, can it?
there are over 100,000 there!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

you can watch it live on www.islamchannel.tv
"Their freedom of speech should be restricted because it hurts our religion."

Oh my god.

GO BACK TO THE DARK AGES!
Reply 119
I know and understand that these extremists do
not represent the majority of the world's Muslims. When,
though, do they become outraged? When do they take to
the streets to express their outrage at the radicals who are
making their religion the object of worldwide hatred and
ridicule? . Death, destruction and mayhem around the world at the