The Student Room Group

Maastricht Applicants 2012?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by shrug
Same I'm planning on going but I'm not a drinker. Quite a few people don't get why I drink too. I tried to have a can of beer yesterday but I couldn't even finish it haha just didn't feel like it can't understand how people go through litres of it in a night I just end up getting fed up of it.

It's nice to know that there is people like me :smile:. Some people just get wasted to fit in and because it makes them go all crazy(without remembering a thing).

Have you thought about renting a room or studio?
Reply 581
Original post by chrizzy92
It's nice to know that there is people like me :smile:. Some people just get wasted to fit in and because it makes them go all crazy(without remembering a thing).

Have you thought about renting a room or studio?

Yep but most northern European countries drink a lot and I'd imagine it is the same in Scandinavia too.

Yes :P although that doesn't answer your question...I'm not sure whether I will be going for renting a room or studio. It depends what is on offer and also the price of the accommodation. Have you decided why type of accommodation you would like?
Reply 582
Original post by shrug
Yep but most northern European countries drink a lot and I'd imagine it is the same in Scandinavia too.

Yes :P although that doesn't answer your question...I'm not sure whether I will be going for renting a room or studio. It depends what is on offer and also the price of the accommodation. Have you decided why type of accommodation you would like?

Yes, they drink a lot in Scandinavia. I've rented a studio from the Guesthouse :biggrin:, as I did not like to share showers with other people :rolleyes:
Reply 583
Yes, they drink a lot in Scandinavia. I've rented a studio from the Guesthouse :biggrin:, as I did not like to share showers with other people :rolleyes:

It's the same in Scotland but we have a stereotype of being heavy drinkers.

Haha yeah I'm not sharing a shower or a toilet with other people. Didn't know the guesthouse did studios thought they only did rooms :P I will look into it.
Reply 584
Original post by shrug
It's the same in Scotland but we have a stereotype of being heavy drinkers.

Haha yeah I'm not sharing a shower or a toilet with other people. Didn't know the guesthouse did studios thought they only did rooms :P I will look into it.

The guesthouse offer studios, but it seems that it goes fast :wink:. It took a while before I found a studio that was available.
Missed my interview on friday due to a mess up with the time I asked for. Gutted I have to wait another week for my interview.
Reply 586
Are you guys all attending Bachelor programmes? Are here any MSc's aswell? I haven't gotten my admission yet, but might be looking for other people to share a flat for a year. I've applied for International Business - Information Management
Reply 587
The guesthouse offer studios, but it seems that it goes fast :wink:. It took a while before I found a studio that was available.

I've seen a few studios from the guesthouse. I've found my accommodation :smile: just hope it isn't taken already taken though. I'm going through an agency.
Reply 588
Original post by bakefrancis
Missed my interview on friday due to a mess up with the time I asked for. Gutted I have to wait another week for my interview.

Shame about the mix up. Hope you don't have too far to travel. Good luck with your interview.

Btw what course have you applied for?
Original post by shrug
yeah it will. Yep I'm from Scotland. Free fees here so I hope I have made the right decision as I will obviously have to pay for tuition. Does taste a bit like that. That is what foreigners say anyway :P I always take some on holiday it and crack open a bottle and pass it around. No real iron in it. That's why they had to change the name from iron to IRN as it falsely stating that it has iron in it.

Definitely not wasted. When a zombie invasion hits Maastricht we will be well prepared.

I'm planning on going but I'm not really a drinker so I don't know if it's my scene to be honest. I'm going on holiday mid June then I go back home for like two days and round about the 15th of August I head to Maastricht.

Wow to even know what it must feel like to have free tuition for uni, it would b like a dream :-)

Omg yr so right, we will know exactaly how to kill them, maybe we will even b as valuable as doctors become during times of panic *hopes

Yea, imma not really a drinker either, i find it hard to even finish one cider, n i dont really like beer. But cuban pina colatas ( probably not spelled right) r soo sooo good, i could happily drink those. Mostly cuz they r non alcoholic though hehe :tongue:

I registered for mastrichthousing.com yesturday they hav been sending new offers everyday, i wanna live in the newer build managed by guesthouse um, it looks so futuristic -its exciting
Original post by Pineappledogs

I registered for mastrichthousing.com yesturday they hav been sending new offers everyday, i wanna live in the newer build managed by guesthouse um, it looks so futuristic -its exciting

Which housing is this? I've been looking for UM Guesthouse accomodation but there doesn't seem to be a lot left.
I would have applied for accomodation earlier but I am studyin International Business and had to wait to get my decentralised ranking before I knew if there was any point paying a deposit/first month rent.

Also, does anyone know what the nightlife is like in Maastricht? because I know it's not a massive city. Or is there somewhere nearby to go out? :smile:
Reply 591
Wow to even know what it must feel like to have free tuition for uni, it would b like a dream :-)

Omg yr so right, we will know exactaly how to kill them, maybe we will even b as valuable as doctors become during times of panic *hopes

Yea, imma not really a drinker either, i find it hard to even finish one cider, n i dont really like beer. But cuban pina colatas ( probably not spelled right) r soo sooo good, i could happily drink those. Mostly cuz they r non alcoholic though hehe :tongue:

Yeah I voted SNP last elections so I like to think that I helped to keep free tuition in Scotland :P. Even though they said that they were got to put tuition fees in place and for some reason changed their minds just before the election :redface:. At least they didn't make empty promises like the lib dems though....

Definitely. With me being a law student I'll lay down the rules then all we need is a couple of med students incase one of them gets eaten and we're all good.

Good to see that I'm not the only non drinker. I've watched the Inkom vids...there seems to be a few piss heads on there :P.

The place I found is like a couple of streets above the law faculty which is great. Going to phone the agency in the morning to see if it is still available.
Reply 592
does anyone here know whether we have to buy the recommended textbooks for our courses or wether we can simply lend the required material from the library?
Hi everybody!!
This morning i did the interview for Maastricht Science Programme and i discovered, since my country is not part of the EU, that i have to pay 8000 euros...
It is a lot for me they sent me an email with some sites where i can find jobs for international students but:
1. I didn't discover anything
2. I didn't understand how it works
Somebody can explain me if it is possible for me to find a job (something for about 200/300 euro part time)?? Thank you very much, have a nice day!
Original post by jhenryg
My mum said she's going to be sending me care packages of English food! (Y)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Good plan, I'll probably end up getting mine to do the same. Although when I make the trip back for the orthodontist I could stock my case then too (Y).
Reply 595
Original post by LPickering
Good plan, I'll probably end up getting mine to do the same. Although when I make the trip back for the orthodontist I could stock my case then too (Y).

As long as there's marmite I will be happy :tongue:

Original post by shrug
:redface: I'll have to get little sachets of HP sauce and sell them to the other Brits. Maybe a shop could get some British food in for us. If we bombard them with requests I'm sure they would import it for us as they would see a market for it :wink:.

Oh dear we will have to teach them how to make tea. My cups usually have more milk than tea in them though....

What Mr Kipling cakes would you take? :P Think I will take custard creams and chocolate digestives.

There has got to be some somewhere you would assume, we'll just have to have a good search when we are there. But selling British food could be beneficial just fill our cases whenever we go home & flog it to Brits in Maastricht (Y).

French fancies, angel cakes, cherry bakewells, vienesse whirls ....pretty much all of them! :biggrin:
For biscuits bourbons, ginger nuts, & chocolate digestives are all a definite for me, also tunnocks caramel wafer bars (they're addictive :tongue:) ...my sweet tooth is now pretty evident :/
Original post by jhenryg
As long as there's marmite I will be happy :tongue:

Oh afraid to say I'm a marmite hater :tongue:
Original post by Durido
does anyone here know whether we have to buy the recommended textbooks for our courses or wether we can simply lend the required material from the library?

If you can't get them from any shops or the library then they should be available on amazon, that's what I got told at the open day. :smile:
Wow it really is small, im kinda happy that it is though...it'll be much easier for it to feel homey. Well i think it'll feel pretty small to me, i've only ever lived in big cities....i think birmingham's pop is 1,016,800 (hehe googled it). Yesss ok you just made me sooo so happy, there are shops, i love how the food shops look over there they remind me of the japanese ones :rolleyes:

Im asking for food to be sent over hopefully it'll happen, but i'll be back regularly anyway so whatever i can get through customs will be coming with me.

yea im doing brussels....i think

Yep it certainly will feel small for you (Y).

I know I'll be going over for 2 days with a big massive case which is pratically empty then flying back with a case full of food ...that's the plan anyway :smile:

I'm sticking with Amsterdam to begin with only because I've done it before, don't particularly feel like getting lost within the first few months of moving abroad!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending