The Student Room Group

Applying for Foundation Programme in Maastricht University

Hi, I'm very keen to go and study abroad.
I have been doing my research and came across this in Maastricht:
https://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl/education/contract/foundation-programme/admission-requirements

The foundation programme is very enticing to me, but I have a few questions.

First of all, is it similar to an Access to HE? From my understanding it looks like a year long course that would then place you onto the degree you are hoping to do upon passing, if so that's great, exactly what I'd want.

Additionally, from what I can gather I meet the entry requirements, as my GCSE English meets higher than the equivalent IELTS score, but would I still have to take an IELTS exam, or are my GCSE certificates proof enough of my meeting the requirements. The requirements for the maths seem a little vague to me, so I'm wondering if I'm missing any certain requirements or something.

Also, I'm a little confused as to how funding would work, would I apply for student funding here and use it over there? Or apply for funding in Holland? The site says they will help with visa applications and point you in the direction of housing, but I was just wondering if I can do this with a student loan like you can here.

Any support or educating on this is appreciated, I've been wanting to study abroad for a while now, unfortunately I did not finish my a-levels due to very poor health, so I'm trying to find some sort of solution here. Sorry if my questions come across stupid or anything, but I'd really like to know my options for studying abroad, the netherlands specifically.

Thank you!
Did you get in
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I'm very keen to go and study abroad.
I have been doing my research and came across this in Maastricht:
https://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl/education/contract/foundation-programme/admission-requirements

The foundation programme is very enticing to me, but I have a few questions.

First of all, is it similar to an Access to HE? From my understanding it looks like a year long course that would then place you onto the degree you are hoping to do upon passing, if so that's great, exactly what I'd want.

Additionally, from what I can gather I meet the entry requirements, as my GCSE English meets higher than the equivalent IELTS score, but would I still have to take an IELTS exam, or are my GCSE certificates proof enough of my meeting the requirements. The requirements for the maths seem a little vague to me, so I'm wondering if I'm missing any certain requirements or something.

Also, I'm a little confused as to how funding would work, would I apply for student funding here and use it over there? Or apply for funding in Holland? The site says they will help with visa applications and point you in the direction of housing, but I was just wondering if I can do this with a student loan like you can here.

Any support or educating on this is appreciated, I've been wanting to study abroad for a while now, unfortunately I did not finish my a-levels due to very poor health, so I'm trying to find some sort of solution here. Sorry if my questions come across stupid or anything, but I'd really like to know my options for studying abroad, the netherlands specifically.

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending