The Student Room Group

Maastricht Applicants 2012?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Mihawk
Hi all !
I'm also applying to Maastricht Uni.
Do you think it's possible to apply for both Business & Economics and Business Administration bachelor ?

Are the grant for international student difficult to get ? What if I have already graduated from High School ? Should I only send my final grade list (e.g. my secondary school diploma) given that i followed the french baccalaureat ? (i'm not french but Non-EU)

Thanks in advance ! :smile:

Original post by Mihawk
I'd also like to know if the skype itw is something compulsory or is it more random ? Or depending on your grades ?

Someone please ?
Original post by volvicstar
Is it they leave because they don't like it or they don't pass their exams to be able to stay on?

From what I have heard there is a mixture of reasons (this comes from the November open day so not a definite answer):
- the Dutch student finance is not affected if you leave a course within 6 months. So a fair few dutch people I guess figure out that it isnt for them and its a case of get out quick.
- Some people are mocked by the exams and have to rage quit in frustration :tongue:
- Also, bearing in mind this is a relatively well ranked university, its choice to accept most, if not all, applicants means that there has to be some filtering/chaff removal.
Reply 62
Original post by volvicstar
Is it they leave because they don't like it or they don't pass their exams to be able to stay on?

Exams it is . It is a rigorous course .
Reply 63
Can somebody answer my questions please ? :confused::s-smilie:
Original post by Mihawk
Can somebody answer my questions please ? :confused::s-smilie:

Email. The. Universe. City.:cool:
Reply 65
Original post by Alexgadgetman
Email. The. Universe. City.:cool:

Wut ? :confused:
Original post by Mihawk
Wut ? :confused:

email the university.
They reply very quickly.
Reply 67
Original post by soldiersixteen
email the university.
They reply very quickly.

But these are very simple questions ... I think some of you holds the answer ...

"Do you think it's possible to apply for both Business & Economics and Business Administration bachelor or Econometrics ? "
Original post by Mihawk
But these are very simple questions ... I think some of you holds the answer ...

"Do you think it's possible to apply for both Business & Economics and Business Administration bachelor or Econometrics ? "

Well, I don't know the answer to that. I know that in the UK you can apply to the same Uni for different courses but applying to the same uni for 2 different courses makes you seem like you don't know what you want to do.
Reply 69
Well, I don't know the answer to that. I know that in the UK you can apply to the same Uni for different courses but applying to the same uni for 2 different courses makes you seem like you don't know what you want to do.

Yes, but this is not weird not knowing exactly what you want to do when you're 18.
Plus Economics and Business and Econometrics ... It's not like you hesitate between law and astronomy.
Original post by Mihawk
Yes, but this is not weird not knowing exactly what you want to do when you're 18.
Plus Economics and Business and Econometrics ... It's not like you hesitate between law and astronomy.

Ya i know.
But wouldn't you be better off just emailing the uni? How do you know that the people here have the right information?
Reply 71
Ya i know.
But wouldn't you be better off just emailing the uni? How do you know that the people here have the right information?

I know that for RSM it's possible to apply to both IBA and IBEB program (did you do it btw ? ) so i think it's not a problem for Maastricht if you can clearly justify your choices.
I'm just intrigued to notice that anybody did it here ... :confused:
Reply 72
Original post by Mihawk
I know that for RSM it's possible to apply to both IBA and IBEB program (did you do it btw ? ) so i think it's not a problem for Maastricht if you can clearly justify your choices.

I don't know anyone that has, and if I did know the answers to your questions, I would have answered, honest!
Reply 73
Thanks anyway :smile:
Original post by Mihawk
Thanks anyway :smile:

FML...

In the time you have spent trying to ask the (current) applicants, who dont have any affiliation with the university, you could have emailed the uni and got a response.

On another note, finally got around to uploading my ALevel certificates. :cool:
Reply 75
Original post by Mihawk

I applied for both the IBA and IBEB courses in Rotterdam. I emailed them about applying to two different courses and if that would put me in any disadvantage against applicants only applying to one course. The university replied that I would not be put on any disadvantage since both of these programmes have different admission officers (since IBA is a course offered by Rotterdam School of Management whereas the IBEB course has nothing to do with RSM). I just had to send 2 different motivation letters.
Hello people, on the website when I log in it says that I'm "admissible" for the course, and that I should hear from them soon. It's been like two weeks now! Do you think I should contact them? It also says that I need to fulfill the conditional requirements but I have no idea what those will be (I do the IB).
Original post by Kyle Butler
Hello people, on the website when I log in it says that I'm "admissible" for the course, and that I should hear from them soon. It's been like two weeks now! Do you think I should contact them? It also says that I need to fulfill the conditional requirements but I have no idea what those will be (I do the IB).

Ya it says the same for me.
Did you receive an email saying that you application has been submitted into the Decentralized Procedure?
Ya it says the same for me.
Did you receive an email saying that you application has been submitted into the Decentralized Procedure?

Nope the email just said that I'm eligible for the course on the condition that I meet "all possible additional requirements", and I don't know what those are. It seems like now I just have to "register" for the course, but I'm not sure how.
Original post by Kyle Butler
Nope the email just said that I'm eligible for the course on the condition that I meet "all possible additional requirements", and I don't know what those are. It seems like now I just have to "register" for the course, but I'm not sure how.

Email them with you Student Id and ask what you need to do next.

Did the email say you have to meet the legal requirements?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending