The Student Room Group

Maastricht Applicants 2012?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by soldiersixteen
Email them with you Student Id and ask what you need to do next.

Did the email say you have to meet the legal requirements?

Im still on the university will contact me soon stage as of about december :P

Might email them myself to ask when they actually will contact me..
Reply 81
Original post by volvicstar
I have recieved a conditional offer but it says I have to obtain an IB diploma. I am sitting A levels so what does this mean?

I don't think you should worry. They accept any pre-university two-year courses.
Reply 82
Original post by Mihawk
Someone please ?

I applied for Law and got in without an interview. I applied for Science and I had an interview last week. Different faculties have different entry requirements, have a look on the website to find out the admissions criteria.
Original post by Asha5692
I applied for Law and got in without an interview. I applied for Science and I had an interview last week. Different faculties have different entry requirements, have a look on the website to find out the admissions criteria.

How did they tell you you got in (for law that is)? Because I got an email that I'm eligible but not yet "registered" for the course.
Reply 84
Original post by Kyle Butler
How did they tell you you got in (for law that is)? Because I got an email that I'm eligible but not yet "registered" for the course.

I received this:

Congratulations!

On behalf of the Faculty Board of Faculty of Law, I am pleased to
inform you that, based on the academic admission criteria, you have
been admitted to the programme BA ELS English language track for the
academic year 2012.

Please note, this does not yet mean that you are registered for this
programme. You will receive further information about registration
from Student Services.
Reply 85
Hello !
Can somebody explain me what is the decentralized procedure ?
Thanks a lot ! :smile:
Reply 86
AHHHH!!!

I'm so excited! I got in to their science programme!! :biggrin: I start in September. Who will my classmates be?????
Reply 87
Original post by bakefrancis
Also remember you are eligible for a means tested loan and top up loan. Means tested like in the UK goes up to 240 ish euros a month and a top up loan of another 240 euros. These are only eligible if you do the 32 hours a month work. But including the grant, you can push 800euroes or more a month if grant/loan/income.

Hey, great information! How do I apply for this?
I received this:

Congratulations!

On behalf of the Faculty Board of Faculty of Law, I am pleased to
inform you that, based on the academic admission criteria, you have
been admitted to the programme BA ELS English language track for the
academic year 2012.

Please note, this does not yet mean that you are registered for this
programme. You will receive further information about registration
from Student Services.

Cool, I got pretty much the same email, except that instead of admitted it says that I'm eligible. Did you already obtain your qualifications? I'm wondering when that email with further information will arrive.
Reply 89
Original post by Kyle Butler
Cool, I got pretty much the same email, except that instead of admitted it says that I'm eligible. Did you already obtain your qualifications? I'm wondering when that email with further information will arrive.

Yes I did my A Levels two years ago.
Reply 90
I got into undergrad Law at Maastricht so starting in August..got the same email :P anyone else starting law in August? Plus has anyone started looking at accommodation??
Original post by dharris93
I got into undergrad Law at Maastricht so starting in August..got the same email :P anyone else starting law in August? Plus has anyone started looking at accommodation??

English student house anyone? :biggrin:
Reply 92
Original post by Alexgadgetman

Yesss! But I'm doing science :biggrin:
Reply 93

Yes! And i'll be International Business... I see lots of introductions will be going on?? :smile:
Original post by whooshpaddy
Yes! And i'll be International Business... I see lots of introductions will be going on?? :smile:

Have you got an offer for IB?
Reply 95
Original post by soldiersixteen
Have you got an offer for IB?

Nope, but i'm definitely reapplying if I don't get in this time!
Reply 96

Yes, I reckon we should all hang out just before uni starts. :biggrin:

Awesome thing is that all the buildings (departments) are relatively close. And the fact that rent out there is cheap. outside the city a bit you can live epically http://www.pararius.com/Family-house-for-rent/Bunde/Geulstraat/692604/

or inside(ish) http://www.pararius.com/Family-house-for-rent/Maastricht/Bemelerweg/633031/map/)
Reply 98
Awesome thing is that all the buildings (departments) are relatively close. And the fact that rent out there is cheap. outside the city a bit you can live epically http://www.pararius.com/Family-house-for-rent/Bunde/Geulstraat/692604/

or inside(ish) http://www.pararius.com/Family-house-for-rent/Maastricht/Bemelerweg/633031/map/)

The parties that could be had there....! :eek: :biggrin:

Where I work in the summer, the Director of Ops is from the Netherlands, and he couldn't understand why I was deliberating between Imperial and Maastricht - he was like "It's just one big party town, you'll have the time of your life" ... and save tens of thousands of pounds...

I think I might set up a facebook group so we can chat in there and get to know each other (sort of!) before we all head out there?

I think I might set up a facebook group so we can chat in there and get to know each other (sort of!) before we all head out there?

Sounds good, I will pm you my name in about 1 min.

As for anyone who is looking for rooms:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/116816401678059/
(or search for Maastricht Kamer on Facebook).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending