The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Kings college nurses and midwives 2012

Scroll to see replies

**********************FACEBOOK GROUP*************************

This is the link for a group on Facebook which has quite a few members now.
It's for all KCL Nurses :smile: Undergraduates, Post Grad's and all forms of nursing (adult, children, mental health etc)
Follow the link and request to be added, see you there :smile:
Good Luck to those awaiting A-Level results tomorrow!!!

http://www.facebook.com/groups/kclnurses2012/
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 141
I added myself today Tom Lennard
Hi buys just wondering what tyoe of offers does kings give grades conditions and stuff?
for nursing
Reply 143
For nursing at kings do u get an interview or is it just a taster day? do u need to revise questions or anything.
Reply 144
Original post by ambaz
For nursing at kings do u get an interview or is it just a taster day? do u need to revise questions or anything.

Hi,

I think they are called "Selection Days" which involves a group interview, where you will need to make sure you offer your opinions and input on the questions asked, don't say too little and do not completely take over the group either.

There is also a Maths and English test.

You can find both practice tests on their website.

I would recommend revising but off the top of my head, for maths, make sure you know basic fractions, how to move things decimal places, how to calculate percentages, know your basic measurement conversions, make sure you know the difference between average, mean and medium, then your basic adding and diving etc

For English, carefully chose words you know how to spell!! Get your point across in a concise way and concentrate on how you use grammar. Do not babel on about one thing, explain WHY you are making that point.

I think one part of the English test is to sum up a piece of text. Highlight the main point; Figures/ quotes, then give your conclusion of the matter.
Reply 145
What a level grades did u guys get an offer with? And what subjects did u do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 146
hey i was just wondering does any one know th epass mark for king's maths test. I missed a few questions and im scareed noww help. :s-smilie::s-smilie:
Reply 147
Original post by zebredayo
hey i was just wondering does any one know th epass mark for king's maths test. I missed a few questions and im scareed noww help. :s-smilie::s-smilie:

Omg i have an offer at Kings, however i couldn't attend on the 15th as i had exams, how was it? How many people were there that attended! On the mail it says there are 54 places! Could you tell me all details as i have my interview on the 22nd. Please :colondollar:
Reply 148
Erm we first did a maths test , which was straight foward although i still managed to run out of tym n missed 3 questions, u shud used their site to practise , n then we did an english test which was frst writing about a time you had a problem and how it was solved, then the other part u have to summarise a text they give u. Then the
group discussion was how we wud plan an xmas party at a residential home. Key point: make sure u get a say in , n listen to others
thats all
Reply 149
N loads of ppl came loool dunno how much around 150 il say

Quick Reply

Latest