The Student Room Group

Chemistry exam aqa wednesday 18th january!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shibucool
What about the question about the chemical formula for hexpane.

I put C7 H16. I hope I got it right.

I forgot what i put down!was the formula for alkane C(2n)H(2n+2)
Reply 61
Original post by ghost_rebel
I forgot what i put down!was the formula for alkane C(2n)H(2n+2)

No it was C(n) H(2n + 2).

I put the time and the volume of something (can't remember)

I put amount of limestone and amount of something else can't remember
Reply 63

Phewww!i put 6-8 aswell!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Haiti_earthquake
it was 7 in real life
Reply 64

How are you able to access that since when wkikpedia had been blacked out?
It was alright except the first two or three question; they were really hard; I did't get the one mith mantle dynamics! How is mantle dynamics related to convection drift; I gueesed and pput radiactiveity - is that right? Also what where the 3 answers about the governametnt and earthquakes????
Original post by ssargithan
It was alright except the first two or three question; they were really hard; I did't get the one mith mantle dynamics! How is mantle dynamics related to convection drift; I gueesed and pput radiactiveity - is that right? Also what where the 3 answers about the governametnt and earthquakes????

yeah,i didnt get the mantle dynamics question aswell!so i had to guess and i put that convection currents are formed by radioacticvity in the mantle,,dunno if its right though!and for that other earthquake question,the reasons i put was:1)people might not trust the scientists 2)scientists dont know what is fully happening underneath the earth 3)and i cant remember!!
does anyone remember the question at the start about gold not being pure!and then we had to write down 2 things..but i cant remember what the question is!:s-smilie:
Reply 68
I found the paper okay :smile: What did everyone put for how is nitrogen oxide formed in the engine?? I didn't really understand that as we haven't done about it so I just put 'Because the nitrogen in the fuel reacts with the air around it' aha :L I'm guessing that's wrong though :L
Reply 69
does anyone remember the question at the start about gold not being pure!and then we had to write down 2 things..but i cant remember what the question is!:s-smilie:

We had to say why we don't use 100% gold in jewellery ( Why we alloy it) what did youput
Reply 70
Original post by Dalek1099
no i finished well before time but that doesn't mean i didn't do badly because that lavender plant question was awful.

Awful? Their was only one logical answer.
Reply 71
Original post by holly12345
I found the paper okay :smile: What did everyone put for how is nitrogen oxide formed in the engine?? I didn't really understand that as we haven't done about it so I just put 'Because the nitrogen in the fuel reacts with the air around it' aha :L I'm guessing that's wrong though :L

Pretty much what I said.

Yh I think the question was about gold's properties; I put its stronger (brittle) and has to go less process (less expense) what about u ?:smile:
Reply 73
Original post by ssargithan
Yh I think the question was about gold's properties; I put its stronger (brittle) and has to go less process (less expense) what about u ?:smile:

I put '1) It's too soft when pure, and 2) it's too expensive and rare to make jewely out of 100% gold'
I put '1) It's too soft when pure, and 2) it's too expensive and rare to make jewely out of 100% gold'

So would this count : HAs to go through more processes? + what did you put about sulfur dioxide (1st question) ??
Reply 75
How are you able to access that since when wkikpedia had been blacked out?

What you can do is put an m in the website so

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

becomes

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

Basically the mobile site is still working. Or alternatively put this at the end of the URL "?banner=none"

Therefore

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

becomes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page?banner=none
Reply 76

Gold if found in it's native element :/
Reply 77
aha I'm probs wrong then :') but how does that point make my answers wrong? aha
Guys what did you put for the second question :
How was nitrogen reacted.... ?
The main compound in most subsatnces ? - is it oxyegen (oxide)
How was nitrogen... ?
Reply 79
aha I'm probs wrong then :') but how does that point make my answers wrong? aha

24 carat gold is something like 99.9% or 99% pure. As Gold is found in it's native element i.e. pure, it isn't that it's too rare it's just a matter of maleabilty and cost (which is why I highlighted part of it) Half can be considered correct the highlighted part I'm not sure. But I don't rem the exact question.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending