The Student Room Group
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales

Newport University Applicants 2012

Hello,

I haven't found very many forums about Newport Uni so I thought I would create one for this year's applicants.
What are you applying for? Have you had interviews/got offers yet?
I have just been to a interview for Film and Video yesterday. I really hope I get an offer because it is such a good course. I was wondering if anyone else applying for a course at the City Campus has thought about accommodation. I was told that a lot of people go into Opal but honestly I love the Caerleon Campus and would like to stay there and commute in to the City Campus.
What accommodation do you guys prefer?
I didn't get much chance to explore Newport so would love to hear about the area and the student life.

x
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey :smile:
I've applied for film and video aswell; I've got an interview in Feb
How did yours go?? I really want to go there too it seems really nice.
:smile:
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales
Reply 2
Original post by emchids
Hey :smile:
I've applied for film and video aswell; I've got an interview in Feb
How did yours go?? I really want to go there too it seems really nice.
:smile:

It went alright (I hope). You know when you leave and wonder if you sounded like a complete idiot, I feel like hehe. They were really friendly though and we talked for about 35 minutes. Good Luck with your interview. Where else have you applied?
Reply 3
MissBlueSkys you seem to be applying for the same uni's as me :L I've applied to Newport for Documentary Film and Television, got an interview next month :biggrin: and an offer from Hertfordshire for Film and Television Production :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by keefy
MissBlueSkys you seem to be applying for the same uni's as me :L I've applied to Newport for Documentary Film and Television, got an interview next month :biggrin: and an offer from Hertfordshire for Film and Television Production :biggrin:

A good possiblity we will be meeting then :smile: Newport's Documentary course looked really good. Was going to apply to that as well but thought it would look more decisive to just go for Film and Video. I also got an offer from Hertfordshire but not too keen because I love Newport and got an offer from AUCB's foundation course for film. Any chance you applied for AUCB, Westminster or UCA as well?
Reply 5
nope, i've gone for Portsmouth, Lincoln and Gloucestershire. Newport is my top choice though (depending on getting an offer) Hertfordshire will likely be my second, if not Portsmouth :smile:
Reply 6
Newport is my top one too, if they give me an offer (fingers crossed)! AUCB is a real close second though. Have you looked round Newport?
Reply 7
Nope, i'm all the way up in newcastle, so its a bit of a problem to get to :L, I'll hopefully be down there for a few days (likely staying in Cardiff) for my interview though (15th feb).

Looks like a great course, and should be a welcome change to the north east :biggrin:
Reply 8
Awh kay, if you get a chance visit the Caerleon Campus aswell. It is goreous. The City Campus is great too and all just newly made. I really want to go there and get to explore Wales, will be great to look around somewhere I have only been once before :smile:
Reply 9
Heeey! I have an interview for TV Production on the 1st Feb! Also got an offer from Portsmouth and Hertfordshire. What are the chances hahah.
Oh yeh, still awaiting a reply from AUCB..
Original post by Cazzaline1
Heeey! I have an interview for TV Production on the 1st Feb! Also got an offer from Portsmouth and Hertfordshire. What are the chances hahah.
Oh yeh, still awaiting a reply from AUCB..

Good Luck with your interview. What one is your favourite?
Reply 11
Original post by MissBlueskys

It went alright (I hope). You know when you leave and wonder if you sounded like a complete idiot, I feel like hehe. They were really friendly though and we talked for about 35 minutes. Good Luck with your interview. Where else have you applied?

I applied to UCLan Staffordshire and Swansea aswell but i really want to get Newport :smile:
I had an interview at Stafforshire the other day and i messed it up haha I sounded like a fool xD
Good Luck with your interview. What one is your favourite?

I hope this quote thing is working, coz it looks like a lot of jumbled up codes right now hahah
hmmm, well I wanna see what Newport is like first, but so far...Hertfordshire :biggrin:! How about you?
Original post by emchids
I applied to UCLan Staffordshire and Swansea aswell but i really want to get Newport :smile:
I had an interview at Stafforshire the other day and i messed it up haha I sounded like a fool xD

Awh, I hope it didn't go too bad. I hate the waiting after an interview, Too impatience to hear back from Newport.
Was just looking up some of their work on youtube and it looks really good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3knLSwoW_7c
I hope this quote thing is working, coz it looks like a lot of jumbled up codes right now hahah
hmmm, well I wanna see what Newport is like first, but so far...Hertfordshire :biggrin:! How about you?

I love Newport so this is a little biased :biggrin: But it has really good accreditation, the lecturers seem nice and they had new building built last year for all the media courses (and others I can't remember). I liked Hertfordhshire too, they guy doing the talk at the Open Day was such a good speaker and they have really good work experience connections. I just want to do more Film than TV.
Have you been to open days?
Hmmm, I'm just worried about the Newport surroundings. I mean it's like half countryside isn't it? Is Newport more similar to a town than a city?
Ahhh right, you see I'm applying for Documentary TV Production at Newport. Not Film and Video as I'm guessing you might be applying for?
I've been to Middlesex's open day! That's all! I've based my judgement on the others relative to their course structure and obvz coz they're all Skillset apart from Portsmouth. Ahhhh! Decisions, decisions! Are you putting Newport as your firm then?
Hmmm, I'm just worried about the Newport surroundings. I mean it's like half countryside isn't it? Is Newport more similar to a town than a city?
Ahhh right, you see I'm applying for Documentary TV Production at Newport. Not Film and Video as I'm guessing you might be applying for?
I've been to Middlesex's open day! That's all! I've based my judgement on the others relative to their course structure and obvz coz they're all Skillset apart from Portsmouth. Ahhhh! Decisions, decisions! Are you putting Newport as your firm then?

One of the campus' does feel like it is more in the countryside but that is only 20-30 minutes bus ride into the city. Both our courses are based on the City Campus. It looks more like a small city, it has all the usual shops, pubs and nightclubs. It is a short train away from Cardiff and Bristol. Newport is most likely going to be my firm, between Newport and AUCB.
Reply 17
I have an offer for English Lit with Creative Writing :biggrin: not my first choice but still exciting to get an offer!
I added Newport to my other four after sending off my application as a random choice, and haven't seen it yet, but it looks lovely!
Original post by codle
I have an offer for English Lit with Creative Writing :biggrin: not my first choice but still exciting to get an offer!
I added Newport to my other four after sending off my application as a random choice, and haven't seen it yet, but it looks lovely!

Well Done! Is it your first offer? I loved getting the first one even though I wasn't keen on it. Pain in the arse waitng for offers/rejections from my favourite ones now :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 19
I've got an offer for criminology and psychology, staying at opal? x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending