The Student Room Group

Clearing - accommodation

I'm gonna be applying for uni through clearing and I am very worried about accommodation. Does anyone who went through clearing have any advice or idea of how it works. And if you managed to get good accommodation - where was it?
Original post by elloell
I'm gonna be applying for uni through clearing and I am very worried about accommodation. Does anyone who went through clearing have any advice or idea of how it works. And if you managed to get good accommodation - where was it?

Why are you waiting for clearing? You can apply now as a late applicant
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Why are you waiting for clearing? You can apply now as a late applicant
Oh wait really? I thought it wouldn't be considered after deadline
Original post by elloell
Oh wait really? I thought it wouldn't be considered after deadline

Some courses close after the deadline and some others might be pickier about who gets an offer but over 90% of courses are still open to late applications on UCAS
Original post by elloell
The available accommodation through clearing will vary between universities. Some just dont have enough places. As an example Bristol have been placing students miles away in Newport, Bath or their veterinary school. In other cities there is a surplus of student accommodation. In Cardiff some of the private accommodation providers were applying for permission to let some of their places to non students because they didnt have enough applications to fill them.

You would best ask the accommodation section of the universities what their policy is. Some have guaranteed places if you apply before a set date usually the Monday after results day.

Going through a late application is advisable as you will have better choice of accommodation than waiting for clearing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending