The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

University of Bristol - Postgraduate Accommodation

Hi.

I am going to be studying a PGCE in the University of Bristol starting September 2024.
I will need to move to Bristol so will need accommodation.

I was hoping to apply for Unjversity provided accommodation. I understand this is not guaranteed for postgraduate students paying home fees but was hoping to apply.
However I see I cannot apply until August and won’t find out until 30th August whether I will be allocated a place. My term starts on the 4th September so is very close call!

I was wondering if anyone knew the likelihood of not being provided University accommodation as a postgraduate paying home fees? Wondering as otherwise I need to start looking for Private Rented accommodation.

Many thanks😊
Original post by Bencrad
I was wondering if anyone knew the likelihood of not being provided University accommodation as a postgraduate paying home fees? Wondering as otherwise I need to start looking for Private Rented accommodation.

Many thanks😊

If there's no guarantee I'd recommend you look for accommodation now. Bristol has a chronic student accommodation problem and some students have to live in Newport and commute in.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by normaw

If there's no guarantee I'd recommend you look for accommodation now. Bristol has a chronic student accommodation problem and some students have to live in Newport and commute in.

Many thanks!
Hey - I've also got a PGCE offer at Bristol starting September 2024 and was looking for other PGCE students to live with!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending