The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA A PSYA4 18th June 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EffKayy
Hi :smile:
Can I just ask, what do you have for the therapies?
I have CBT and the Drugs (atypical and conventional) --> Biological
CBT, "Personal therapy", Psychodynamic in general. --> psychological

Its definitely going to come up, but im worried about the content i have..

Schizophrenia? For biological I have Drugs (atypical and conventional) and ECT.
For Psychological, I have CBT and 'Social Skills Training' (which has mileu therapy and social skills training under it).

No I think two is enough. My teacher seems to think they may ask for one bio and one psychological, or they'll ask for one or more of each, or possibly 2 but that's it.
Original post by HolyFuzazzle
Schizophrenia? For biological I have Drugs (atypical and conventional) and ECT.
For Psychological, I have CBT and 'Social Skills Training' (which has mileu therapy and social skills training under it).

No I think two is enough. My teacher seems to think they may ask for one bio and one psychological, or they'll ask for one or more of each, or possibly 2 but that's it.

Thanks!
Everyone seems to have social skills training :/ Haven't heard of this ...
haven't you done psychodynamic?

Also, pleaaseee can you give me a few bullet points for social skills , might as well learn it...

thankyouuuuu:smile:
Original post by Naf*
sorry can i ask what part of research methods your talking about?

I'm not, I was talking about a section in media psychology which talks about cognitive dissonance and its influence in attitude change :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my ST25i
Original post by zilzilzil
It means you have to make it measurable. Basically, if the variable was just 'time', you'd have to make it more accurate and exact e.g. the time taken to complete an IQ test in mins, so that any researcher would be able to measure the variable precisely.

Does that make sense? :smile:

Yes that's brill, cheers :smile:

So would an acceptable start to designing a study be

Operatinalise dependant then independant

then hypthoseis then null
Original post by EffKayy
Thanks!
Everyone seems to have social skills training :/ Haven't heard of this ...
haven't you done psychodynamic?

Also, pleaaseee can you give me a few bullet points for social skills , might as well learn it...

thankyouuuuu:smile:

Uhm... alright. Nope, not done psychodynamic. Social Skills Training uses behavioural techniques in an institutional setting on schizophrenics to modify 'maladaptive' behaviour by trying to prepare schizophrenia sufferers for the real world. Techniques include:

Modelling: providing positive role models that are similar to the patient, encouraging them to act in a certain way.

Reinforcements: Offering encouragement or praise when they improve in their behaviour or behave in a certain way by giving them something they like.

Role playing: This is just so the patient practises a range of social situations so they know how to act.

It helps them acquire both verbal and non verbal skills they can cope and function in the real world adequately.
Original post by bubblebunny94
agreed!

Original post by Becky94
YES, when in my life am I not going to be able to access the internet/look in a book for the information?! I will not need to remember it after the exam so what is the point?

Exactly! :redface: I've already forgotten half the stuff I memorised for the PSYA3 exam on Monday - just goes to show I didn't actually learn anything, just crammed in a load of studies that would help me pass.

I can't wait to say I've finished A-level psych!
what are peoples predictions for media? i'm thinking maybe the persuasiveness of tv advertising, and then evolutionary explanations for attraction of celebrity? helppp! and defo thinking it will be treatments for SZ
Original post by thestudent2012
what are peoples predictions for media? i'm thinking maybe the persuasiveness of tv advertising, and then evolutionary explanations for attraction of celebrity? helppp! and defo thinking it will be treatments for SZ

yep i have a feeling that effectiveness of TV, attraction of a celebrity and possibly anti social behaviour is coming up !
Reply 1988
Prediction for addicition and schizophrenia please
Reply 1989
Original post by Naf*
is treatments and therapies the same

I've always assumed so...
Original post by VanessaXD
yep i have a feeling that effectiveness of TV, attraction of a celebrity and possibly anti social behaviour is coming up !

are you doing hovland yale and elaboration likelihood model for tv? and then celebrity gossip and attraction to creative individuals for celebrity?
Reply 1991
Do I just need to know two biological therapies and 2 psychological therapies for Schizophrenia? we've been taught 3 for each but I don't think I can learn all three for monday...
Original post by Becky94
Do I just need to know two biological therapies and 2 psychological therapies for Schizophrenia? we've been taught 3 for each but I don't think I can learn all three for monday...

noo,2 is definitely enough
Reply 1993
noo,2 is definitely enough

Phew thank goodness for that :smile:
Original post by Becky94

2 defo.

Which 3 have you got for psychological?
Original post by rudizzy123
Yes that's brill, cheers :smile:

So would an acceptable start to designing a study be

Operatinalise dependant then independant

then hypthoseis then null

No problem :smile:
Yeah that sounds fine, although always mention the aims of the study first!
are you doing hovland yale and elaboration likelihood model for tv? and then celebrity gossip and attraction to creative individuals for celebrity?

yep....remember evolutionary explanations + social psychological explanations for attraction of a celebrity can be asked seperately

for social psyhcologcial explanations im talking about the absorption addiction model + parasocial relationships

and evolutionary its - celebrity gossip + attraction to creative individuals
Reply 1997
Original post by EffKayy
2 defo.

Which 3 have you got for psychological?

CBT, Psychodynamic and Milieu Therapy
Reply 1998
Does anyone have anything for depression thats in detail for me to look at? Theres nothing in my entire text book but a few pages of basics D;
Yeah, anybody have any predictions for the Schizophrenia question and the Addiction ones please?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending