The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Full ban in all public places? Good imo but then i guess any non smoker would see it as a good thing :rolleyes:
It's great news.

Can't wait for it to come into force....shame it probably won't be until next year.
Absolutely brilliant :smile: I'm really sensitive to smoke, so always get sore eyes after a night out or whatever!

Smokers should have consideration for others and leave the room if they what a cigarette. About time this became the law!
Reply 4
I'm an asthmatic and go to a pub every day at lunch times, so I'm really happy about it!
i hate second hand smoke, its so selfish!
in my school the teachers have a room where they all smoke next to the classrooms whilst leaving the door wide open! it's the yr 7's im worried about....oh well they probably all smoke anyway!!
Reply 6
(Possibly) A stupid question, does this ban mean people cant smoke when walking around the city centre etc? :confused:
Reply 7
I smoke occassionally and I think its a good thing, maybe it'll make me stop :rolleyes:

Aughh its just in England, stupid Welsh assembly....get movin..
Reply 8
Cortez
(Possibly) A stupid question, does this ban mean people cant smoke when walking around the city centre etc? :confused:

Na its just in buildings not open air..
Reply 9
Navajo
Na its just in buildings not open air..

Fair enough. I guess it would be a little difficult to enforce it otherwise lol!
Apparently you won't be able to smoke in bus stops, as they are classed as a public space!
Yay!
Thats great!!! Apparently, the ban has come into force but only for pubs and clubs
Reply 13
Cortez

of course not. Only public places like pub, restaurant etc.
Reply 14
Are there any smokers that think it's a good idea? Or smokers in general, what do you think? Anyone with a view other than "it's rubbish because I won't be able to smoke"?

I think it's very good, but I would I'm a non-smoker. Whenever I try to sit in a restaurant with a barrel of depleated uranium and waft it everywhere, they don't always ask me to stop, so why should they let smokers inflict their airborne death on everyone?
Reply 15
they should just ban smoking full stop.. people would live longer then.. noobs.
Reply 16
I think it's brilliant. Next step: no smoking outside of your own home. Would cut down on the amount of butt-ends everywhere too!
Even people the same age as me smoke at my school... its sick, and they are 12
Reply 18
I think the bans great. I'm sick of coming home smelling of smoke after a night out. shame that it wont come into effect until probably summer 2007.
Reply 19
blissy
I think it's brilliant. Next step: no smoking outside of your own home. Would cut down on the amount of butt-ends everywhere too!

I hope your kidding...

I am a smoker. I am all for banning it in enclosed public places. But anything more than that is enfringement on human rights. If its outside, we have a right to smoke.

There are FAR more things in the air we breathe that cause illness and death than second hand tobacco smoke.

Latest

Trending

Trending