The Student Room Group

My complaint to Cadbury's.

Just sent this to Cadbury's.

Hello,

I'd like to lodge a complaint about what I consider to be false advertising on your product, 'Mini Rolls.' While I love the chocolatey goodness and the creamy inner layer I was today shocked and horrified to discover that each individual Mini Roll has, on its packaging the term, 'Mini Rolls.' This pluralisation is unforgivable as there is the very real chance that I might expect to find more than one Mini Roll within each individual wrapper. I demand that in future you print each individual Mini Roll wrapper with the term 'Mini Roll' (without the s). This would please me greatly as I would know precisely what I was in for when opening the packet. In compensation I would like a ****ing **** truck load of Mini Rolls (plural).

Yours sincerely,

Michael "Anally Retentive" (Surname).

What are your thoughts on false advertising? It seems to be all around us in some form or another.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'd say you'r a pernickety (sp) little sod, and what you've done is just not cricket. But it made me lol, and because its you fangra, I'll let you off.
Reply 2
:rofl:

I have to admit it's shameful what they do. :mad:
Reply 3

I sent an email to Cadbury recently, which started off "liquorice all sorts? Liquorice one sort more like." Then went on to complain about the mix of sweets. They send me £3 of vouchers, took them to the shop and bought a large box of Liquorice Allsorts and large box of Wine Gums. Both were bogof. So, ended up with £7 worth o sweets for the £1 I initially spent :p:

Send it!!!!!!!!
Reply 4

i only have a problem with the lynx adverts

it does not make you irresistible, it makes me feel physically sick and unable to breathe - bad bad advertising
Jangrafess
Just sent this to Cadbury's.

Hello,

I'd like to lodge a complaint about what I consider to be false advertising on your product, 'Mini Rolls.' While I love the chocolatey goodness and the creamy inner layer I was today shocked and horrified to discover that each individual Mini Roll has, on its packaging the term, 'Mini Rolls.' This pluralisation is unforgivable as there is the very real chance that I might expect to find more than one Mini Roll within each individual wrapper. I demand that in future you print each individual Mini Roll wrapper with the term 'Mini Roll' (without the s). This would please me greatly as I would know precisely what I was in for when opening the packet. In compensation I would like a ****ing **** truck load of Mini Rolls (plural).

Yours sincerely,

Michael "Anally Retentive" (Surname).

What are your thoughts on false advertising? It seems to be all around us in some form or another.

Great job, I would have done the same. Enjoy your rolls or whatever they are.

Is that chocolate? :tong:

I feel hungry now...
I find it funny that someone who is being so pedantic about pluralisation closes single quote marks after a full stop.

Jangrafess
[...] on its packaging the term, 'Mini Rolls.' [...]

Quite disgraceful, in my honest opinion.
Reply 7
JR`
I find it funny that someone who is being so pedantic about pluralisation closes single quote marks after a full stop.

Check the packaging. There's a full stop on there.
Reply 8
JR`

You told him ;yes;
Reply 9
Jangrafess
Check the packaging. There's a full stop on there.

You told him ;yes;
Reply 10
JR`

pedant!

a lame one at that..
Reply 11
belldandy
pedant!

a lame one at that..

:lovie: It's so good to have you back.
Reply 12
belldandy
pedant!

a lame one at that..

Who are/were you? :shock:
Reply 13
they will kill you
Reply 14
Jangrafess
:lovie: It's so good to have you back.

I'm not back! honest :ninja: if I am, keep it quiet, shhh!

I'm Charl from back in the day :eek2:
Reply 15
belldandy

:eek:

Wooooo!!!!!!!!

What's wi the name change? :hmmm:
Reply 16
belldandy

Alright, very hush hush. I won't tell. :ninja:
Just keep posting though, yeah? :redface:
Reply 17
SillyFencer
:eek:

Wooooo!!!!!!!!

What's wi the name change? :hmmm:

I dunno! I'm sure there was some reasoning to it at the time.. hopefully be Charl again soon :biggrin:

Jangra: mebbe mebbe. will see! at a bit of a loose end atm, so found myself back. :puppyeyes:
Reply 18
belldandy
I dunno! I'm sure there was some reasoning to it at the time.. hopefully be Charl again soon :biggrin:

Jangra: mebbe mebbe. will see! at a bit of a loose end atm, so found myself back. :puppyeyes:

Yeah, stay stay :smile:

Didn't you have another person attached?
It's actually 'Cadbury'. I'd know, I live there.

Quick Reply

Latest