The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kiss_me_now9
When I've stopped crying I might make a friendship bracelet... apparently that's a 'gay' hobby though :sad: I don't understand why people feel the need to tell me these things.

i think making things is one of the best things to do (hence the knitting) - at times when i feel like crap, the knowledge that i have the skills to make something out of basics is just something to fall back on. who cares what people think of it? :redface:

Original post by ViceVersa
Drank sooooo much wine. I really don't care about myself at all right now. I just hate hurting. :cry2:

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

perhaps it's all for the best though? now you can pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and concentrate on getting into med school and getting better. and then, once you're in med school, you can marry a hot shot private practice doctor and be a princess for the rest of your life :h:
Original post by Anonymous
You ok? :hugs:

------------------------

Hate it when people talk about things you're not invited to in front of you. :sigh:

I'm just fed up and frustrated. Family issues... just went out for a meal with my 'family' and it was a disaster. My paranoia went through the roof and all my family could do was tell me to stop being ridiculous.

I don't want to trigger anybody so if anybody's willing to talk can you maybe PM me? Self harm stuff etc.
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

perhaps it's all for the best though? now you can pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and concentrate on getting into med school and getting better. and then, once you're in med school, you can marry a hot shot private practice doctor and be a princess for the rest of your life :h:

Either way it still sucks losing someone you love :sigh:
I had a panic attack on my way to work. Now I just want to cry but I'm here for another 3.5 hours. I'm so stressed about uni too, this long essay is doing my head in. I kind of want to ask for an extension but I feel like I don't deserve it.
I hate life
Original post by ViceVersa
Either way it still sucks losing someone you love :sigh:

true, cant deny that. but there's no way to avoid it, so its all about making the best of a bad situation, eh? :redface:

(wow, why can i never follow my own advice????)
:frown:

Spoiler

Original post by gloriousballs
I hate life

Why do you hate life? :unsure:
Original post by sheepstick
hi, don't get so stressed out cause you will put more pressure and make things worse for yourself which non of us want. my advice it is to do what is best for you and only you that is all that matters. school is important in a career and i usually find that if you grin and bear it and let things be and calm down everything else kind of falls into place. hope this helps and remember don't worry as if your like me you'll just make yourself ill! :macarena:

Thank you :hugs:
true, cant deny that. but there's no way to avoid it, so its all about making the best of a bad situation, eh? :redface:

(wow, why can i never follow my own advice????)

hmm..:frown:
Original post by 35mm_
I'm just fed up and frustrated. Family issues... just went out for a meal with my 'family' and it was a disaster. My paranoia went through the roof and all my family could do was tell me to stop being ridiculous.

I don't want to trigger anybody so if anybody's willing to talk can you maybe PM me? Self harm stuff etc.

I'm always here if you want to talk about anything. Do you want me to PM you? :hugs:
Booked my first appointment with my GP today even though I told this thread I'd do so last year lol.

Can anyone provide any information as to what I should expect/say/do in this meeting? The GP doesn't know what I'm coming in for.
Original post by avhhs
OMG that's even worse! They don't realise how lucky they are to even have some sort of a social life. Would love to see how they cope without even having friends to go out anywhere with :biggrin:

:hugs:

Yeah, can relate to that. I think I'll always be seen as the school friend. No matter how hard I try to make conversation with people I'm always made out to be an idiot. To be fair my social skills are limited but there's no need to embarrass me, especially in a group.
Reply 6273
Yeah, can relate to that. I think I'll always be seen as the school friend. No matter how hard I try to make conversation with people I'm always made out to be an idiot. To be fair my social skills are limited but there's no need to embarrass me, especially in a group.

My social skills are limited too. But I agree with what you said. I've always been seen the same way, so I know exactly what it feels like :hugs:. I always get ignored in group, and often made to look dumb. I do have one close friend, but there are reasons why we cannot really meet outside school.
Original post by purple-owl
Thank you :hugs:

its fine lol im glad i could help:biggrin:
Original post by avhhs
Yeah. I think a major part was that the girl I hate didn't really talk to either of us :biggrin:. She is a really nice friend. She was wearing a red dress :tongue:.
However today I did learn of a few problems that may happen because of her boyfriend. He doesn't want her to be speaking to me or go out with me. Although I don't really mind too much, because I wouldn't be able to understand most of the stuff that happens if we do go out :tongue:.

My mood still seems to be fine. And thanks :smile:.

Whatever it is, hope you get better soon :console:

-=-=-=-=-=-

Both me and my brother had a meeting with the social worker in the morning. I hadn't written anything down, but it didn't matter. She was such a nice lady (and good looking too :biggrin: :love: :colondollar:), so I felt at ease. Don't think I really missed too much out.

Another good thing that happened was after school I met a girl that I used to sit next to in Year 11 in two classes. It was so nice to see her. We talked for a bit, and then I went to do my work, which I finished :smile:. I used to have a crush on her :love: :tongue:.

I was also wearing my new jumper :tongue:

Sorry about all the stuff with her bf I know that issue, had so many male friends who have stopped talking to me because their gf wants them to, its really silly!

Glad your mood is still up though (well was when you wrote this hopefully still is :smile: ) And well done on the talking to the girl, sounds like you had quite a good day hun! And I am glad you have!

Its good that it went ok with the Social worker though, hope you managed to say what you wanted to say and stuff hun?

Congrats on finishing the work :tongue: I still haven't finished mine but 3800 words into my dissertation so its going alright so far just got to do more :frown:

Feeling like complete and utter **** though, so hoping it all goes away soon, spent most of today just lying down doing nothing, although spent a bit of time playing netball outside with my little sister which was nice but completely used up the last bit of my energy doing that! Having a couple of minor issues with the bf at the moment to which isn't helping (but its my fault for being far to needy)
Original post by avhhs
My social skills are limited too. But I agree with what you said. I've always been seen the same way, so I know exactly what it feels like :hugs:. I always get ignored in group, and often made to look dumb. I do have one close friend, but there are reasons why we cannot really meet outside school.

Ah right, yeah :hugs: Love this society, there's always somebody who feels exactly the same when you think there is nobody. I suppose all you can do is spend as much time with them in school as you can without becoming too clingy.
I have once been told outright that I make everything awkward and that I should just go away :rolleyes: Sometimes they treat me quite badly yet I still follow them around like a lost puppy because I'm too scared to sit alone around school in case people tease me.
work didn't ring. LOL. guess that means i no longer have a job.

feel pretty crap today. own fault STILL. please start working again quetiapine pretty please pretty pretty please i swear i will never stop taking you again IF YOU JUST WORK
One of my friends is having a party tomorrow so that's all they were talking about, made me feel a bit stupid seeing as I wasn't invited.
Also we had about 10 minutes before the end of a lesson so the teacher let us talk. I was trying so hard to start a conversation with a friend I thought I was getting close to again but she just dismissed me and went and sat with others. I was sat on an entire row by myself and the teacher came over to me and asked me if I had a dog. :confused:
Either my appetite has returned and I'm making up for things I didn't eat or I'm beginning to comfort eat again. Can't stop eating! Some days I eat about half a meal that is force-fed to me by my mum and others I am like this.
Got a stupid amount of homework to do over Easter, waaaah.
It's my mum's birthday on Wednesday and she's going out for lunch with nurture lady. She must have forgotten that we already made plans for lunch on her birthday so they obviously didn't mean much to her. I'm fine with her going out with nurture lady over me but she could at least remember we already had plans and ask me if she could change them.

Sounds fantastic! :biggrin:
Phone number, eh? :gasp:

Your friends sound a bit rubbish :console:
I bet you will make some super awesome ones that deserve you at college though. :yep:
Strange, I guess it was her way of making conversation maybe. :tongue:
I'm a bit like that, either one extreme or the other but never a normal appetite. :tongue:
That sucks, hope you can spread it out so it doesn't seem so much.
Aww how long ago did you make the plans? :hugs:

What would I do with out him. :daydreaming:
Yeah just so he can contact me if he's running late or something. He gave me his number and told me to text him mine, spent about an hour thinking how to word the text. :redface:
Also today he did briefly touch my back, I'm so sad for thinking about these things. :colondollar:
Came home on the train today, have a driving lesson at 7am tomorrow. :yawn:
Then my brother is taking me to pick my hamster and a few things up tomorrow evening. Think I'm mostly going to be home over easter and pop up on the train every week for mentoring. Find it easier to get out of bed here. :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by littleshambles
work didn't ring. LOL. guess that means i no longer have a job.

feel pretty crap today. own fault STILL. please start working again quetiapine pretty please pretty pretty please i swear i will never stop taking you again IF YOU JUST WORK

They can't just not call you, if you no longer have a job they have you let you know? :confused:

I hope it starts working too. Why did you stop taking it?

Latest