The Student Room Group

Biggest fear when starting uni?

Scroll to see replies

definitely without doubt that I won't make friends, or that I'll be put in halls with people who I have nothing in common with! AHHHHHHH, actually so excited about starting uni (this september) but really worried about that!
Reply 81
Mainly that I won't understand a one bit of the course/no one will like me! The usual :wink:
Reply 82
Being left out of socializing as I don't drink at all!!
Reply 83
This is sad, but I'll miss our house rabbit. He's adorable and like my baby. I'm like the rabbit version of a cat lady :P

Everything else will be an adventure, since I don't have a problem making friends since I'll talk to anyone, and I'm really looking forward to a change of scenery and people. For anyone who is scared about the friend bit, just go on that YouGo website UCAS links. Also if your course interviews, for gods sake talk to the other applicants - It's so much better than sitting in awkward silence and will calm you down.

Other than that, I'm a bit worried about the money issue and stuff, but hopefully it'll work out :smile:
So I'm the only one scared they'll end up living with a psycho?:afraid:
That I will completely fail at the course, not making friends, the usual
Original post by Beebumble
So I'm the only one scared they'll end up living with a psycho?:afraid:

Better hope you don't live with me then :colone:
Original post by Dont Tread On Me
Better hope you don't live with me then :colone:

Oh dear I went to see threads you commented in to see what universities you applied to and found Whitney Housten had died.:frown:

You'll curse me.
Original post by Beebumble
Oh dear I went to see threads you commented in to see what universities you applied to and found Whitney Housten had died.:frown:

You'll curse me.

That death can't be pinned on me, a master leaves no evidence.
Ughh all sorts of fears, here are a select few :tongue:

-Not getting on with flatmates
-Not making friends on my course
-Not making friends in general
-Not enjoying my course
-Being labelled as boring for not going out clubbing (I'll do bars and pubs, but I refuse to set foot in a club)
-Being labelled as boring for not getting drunk all the time
-Not having a close group of friends I can actually rely on and trust
And most of all, letting my shyness get the better of me and retreating into loneliness.

So yeah, bring on September. Woop!
Being the only weed smoker in my halls and everyone judging me if they all find out I did it.
Sharks.
I have a few:

- Not making friends
- Being mistaken for looking about 14/15!! Fml...
- Balancing social life with study and a job
- Getting fat (having no motivation to exercise)
- Annoying all my flat mates because I'm a fussy/picky eater
Reply 93
I was terrified I wouldn't make any friends and that I'd have flatmates from hell. Thankfully I made friends and my flatmates are lovely.
Reply 94
Original post by jgibson18
Hey everyone :smile:

I'm due to start university in September 2012. I was just wandering what everyone's biggest fear was/is, about starting university?

Personally, my biggest fear is that I won't be able to cope without my family :colondollar:

Looking forward to hearing your replies :biggrin:

Mine was the type of people I would be living with. They are all awesome. :biggrin:
Choosing a university course was really hard for me as I'm very interested in a wide range of subjects (seriously I was between art, biology, english, chinese, psychology and law...) I'm scared of realising that I'd much rather be doing another course after it's too late to change and ending up with massive dept from retaking a year. Or that I'm not really following my true passion, because at the moment there are so many things I enjoy that I'm not really sure what my 'true passion' is.
Reply 96
Original post by mike1710
Being left out of socializing as I don't drink at all!!

Doesn't mean you can't do all the same things everyone else does, just order a coke without the JD.
Reply 97
that i wouldn't get laid and pretty much confirm that i was the biggest loser on campus
Reply 98
I'm scared I won't make friends either, I'm completely shy around new people :colondollar:
Reply 99
Having a mental breakdown. I doubt people would be able to tell though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending