The Student Room Group

I failed my first year

I think I failed my first year. I hate university. I wanted to drop out all year and I was severely depressed all year just to fail. I forced myself to go through all of that for nothing. And now I'm in debt and a failed drop out. I HATE UNIVERSITY. I considered that failing wasn't that bad and that I could go to a country like Finland where University is basically free but because of Brexit I can't. Now what do I do.
(edited 11 months ago)
this my biggest fear when i go to uni
Reply 2
Well you have two choices, really. You can address why you failed and go back to do something else, ensuring that you address the issue that caused you to fail.

Or, you can move on and get a job.
Original post by ilovemycats32
I think I failed my first year. I hate university. I wanted to drop out all year and I was severely depressed all year just to fail. I forced myself to go through all of that for nothing. And now I'm in debt and a failed drop out. I HATE UNIVERSITY. I considered that failing wasn't that bad and that I could go to a country like Finland where University is basically free but because of Brexit I can't. Now what do I do.

Heya :hugs:
have you checked your course requirements for passing the year? In most unis its 40% for each module unless its healthcare or something like that :smile: also if this is your first year at uni you can most likely get a gift year of student finance, meaning you can restart at a new place/course if you decide your current subject isn't your thing.
If you can it might be worth speaking to your GP about your low mood - it'll mean you should be able to get DSA (disabled students allowance) so you can get proper support at uni like extensions/extra time which can help with feeling overwhelmed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending