Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

The AQA Philosophy AS/A2 Revision Thread

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chandlerbong)
    Hey, could you post any useful notes/perfect paragraphs for phil3 but mainly Phil4. I don't really get how to revise them properly -.- anything will be useful. thanks
    Here are my notes for the political ideologies part of Phil 3, if you like them I'll upload the rest of the topics.
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: doc Political Organisation.doc (62.5 KB, 218 views)
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    How's revision going for everyone?

There's so much material for the A2 it seems almost unreal that it's all for one A Level!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi. Im doing Philosophy Unit 1 and Unit 2 in the next few weeks for AS Level AQA.

Any predictions/tips for the Unit 1 (Im doing Reason and Experience and Why should I be Governed) and Unit 2 (Im doing Knowledge of the External World and Value of Art -- HATE THAT TOPIC!).

What were the questions for Unit 2 and Unit 1 in January?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mill)
    I've attached my notes on the Liberty topic. They're certainly not finished, still need the detail, but they're a good place to start.

I used the Lacewing textbook (which is really good by the way) and 'Freedom' by Nigel Warburton (good for details, goes more in depth).

If people like these notes I'll upload the rest, I've got 4/5 of the political philosophy topics done and 2 of the religion ones, as well as 4/5 of the chapters from On Liberty.
    Thank you so much for this attachment and the one you put up yesterday. I feel slightly less panicked Sorry if the delay made me look ungrateful, the internet was down in my area. I'd give rep if I knew how =_=
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Unit 1: 'Reason and Experience' + 'Morality' (82 UMS)
    Unit 2: 'Art' + 'Tolerance' (82 UMS)
    Unit 3: 'Philosophy of Mind' + 'Epistemology & Metaphysics'
    Unit 4: 'Descartes' Meditations'

PoM seems like an easy enough topic to revise - dualism, material accounts, aspects that materialism fails to account for, the anti-materialist arguments (Jackson, Nagel).

The tough one for me is E&M, but it's the one I've done the least amount of revision for.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi - I'm doing AQA Philosophy AS and A2, with Reason & Experience and the Idea of God coming up next week and God and the World and Free Will and Determinism the week after. Then A2 in June with Moral Philosophy & Philosophy of Mind and Descartes' Meditations.

Would love to see/swap any AS plans and essays as I'm out here by myself (A2 can wait!). Likewise I would welcome any advice where else on the net I might find essays, plans and similar; like school sites that are open to others, philosophy forums etc. Pretty green at all this, looking for method & how to argue as much as content. Seeing a few good essays would help.

Are there any thoughts on Conceptual Schemes as a possible 30 point question on R&E???

... and can anyone possibly think of another theme that might just come up for the 30 pointer, apart from the obvious one on Empiricism v Rationalism ?

Thankyou - Thankyou

ps
    (Original post by MOSJohn)
    What were the questions for Unit 2 and Unit 1 in January?
    try http://w1.qehs.net/moodle/file.php/4...1-QP-Jan12.pdf
    & http://w1.qehs.net/moodle/file.php/4...2-QP-Jan12.pdf
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by schönste Jungfrau)
    Hi - I'm doing AQA Philosophy AS and A2, with Reason & Experience and the Idea of God coming up next week and God and the World and Free Will and Determinism the week after. Then A2 in June with Moral Philosophy & Philosophy of Mind and Descartes' Meditations.

Would love to see/swap any AS plans and essays as I'm out here by myself (A2 can wait!). Likewise I would welcome any advice where else on the net I might find essays, plans and similar; like school sites that are open to others, philosophy forums etc. Pretty green at all this, looking for method & how to argue as much as content. Seeing a few good essays would help.

Are there any thoughts on Conceptual Schemes as a possible 30 point question on R&E???

... and can anyone possibly think of another theme that might just come up for the 30 pointer, apart from the obvious one on Empiricism v Rationalism ?

Thankyou - Thankyou

ps

try http://w1.qehs.net/moodle/file.php/4...1-QP-Jan12.pdf
    & http://w1.qehs.net/moodle/file.php/4...2-QP-Jan12.pdf
    Those links say I need to login at the site, and to do that, I need to be a student there, which I am not.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MOSJohn)
    Those links say I need to login at the site, and to do that, I need to be a student there, which I am not.
    I think the site is partly locked. But right now I am not having that problem seeing those papers. They just open straight up. I found them by chance via Google after seeing discussion about an infamous R&E question on introspection and tautology but the Google reference now seems to have gone.

Try clicking the individual links from here http://w1.qehs.net/moodle/course/view.php?id=456

Maybe the school jumped the gun, I'm not sure that AQA has published them yet. Moderator can I copy them here ?????

anyway for the January R&E see the thread AS Philosophy Exam January 2012
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My teacher just sent me some useful notes on Moral Phil and Phil of Religion.

I'm also attaching some notes for Reason and Experience, The idea of God, The value of Art, Free will and Determinism and Plato's republic that I've picked up from my teachers and other various places.

I've zipped them and uploaded them since they're bigger than I'm able to attach on TSR:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/mjwqe691ks...20Revision.zip

Credits go to the original authors.

I've also made some decent predictions for the first paper on monday: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1996044
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mill)
    Here are my notes for the political ideologies part of Phil 3, if you like them I'll upload the rest of the topics.
    omg, they are great - concise yet specific. I would really appreciate it if you could post the rest when you get the chance
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    PHIL1 resit on Monday *stress*
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chandlerbong)
    omg, they are great - concise yet specific. I would really appreciate it if you could post the rest when you get the chance
    I'll post the rest over the weekend when I can tidy them up a bit I've got the justice and rights topics finished, not started nation states yet. In religious philosophy I've only got reason and faith completed. I've got 80% of my Mill notes done as well if you need those?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    i have my exam monday on reason and experience and personhood can someone help me
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dongonaeatu)
    i have my exam monday on reason and experience and personhood can someone help me
    What do you need help with?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sosotalk)
    What do you need help with?
    everything on personhood and reason and experience and how to structure my essays i've done no revision
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by divina commedia)
    My teacher just sent me some useful notes on Moral Phil and Phil of Religion.

I'm also attaching some notes for Reason and Experience, The idea of God, The value of Art, Free will and Determinism and Plato's republic that I've picked up from my teachers and other various places.

I've also made some decent predictions for the first paper on monday: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1996044

Very many thanks !!!!

High scoring essays/answers anyone ??
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dongonaeatu)
    everything on personhood and reason and experience and how to structure my essays i've done no revision
    In regards to essay structure I do it something like this....

Intro (state position)

Argument
    Counterargument
    Justification
    Link back to question
    (4-5 paragraphs)

Conclusion...
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sosotalk)
    In regards to essay structure I do it something like this....

Intro (state position)

Argument
    Counterargument
    Justification
    Link back to question
    (4-5 paragraphs)

Conclusion...
    ok
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mill)
    I'll post the rest over the weekend when I can tidy them up a bit I've got the justice and rights topics finished, not started nation states yet. In religious philosophy I've only got reason and faith completed. I've got 80% of my Mill notes done as well if you need those?
    ah thank youu and no need for religious philosophy/mills, I'm doing philosophy of the mind and Plato!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mill)
    Can I have your Mill notes? I've done most of my Religious philosophy notes done but they're hand written. I could scan them to you if you'd like?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 5, 2014
New on TSR

Single, dating or in a relationship?

Chat about your life and loves in our Relationships forum!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.