The Student Room Group

Cosmopolitan Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by lara_ox
That's not fair I'm in the late 100's and on the first floor :frown:

Is this Denmark Road or Grafton Street? I went to DR today and they said they don't put girls on the ground floor... No doubt there will be more rooms available over the weekend once results are out though so you could ask to be moved?
Reply 41
Hi :smile: I just confirmed a place at Grafton Street, I'll be studying Computer Forensics and security at MMU. Flat 165

I hope its good :biggrin:
Hey, anyone in Grafton Street Flat 121 in block D?

Reply 43
Original post by lara_ox
That's not fair I'm in the late 100's and on the first floor :frown:

Hey, I'm block G too - flat 189. I stayed in Cosmo last year but in a 2-bed flat with a loud, obnoxious, unclean food-stealer :frown:. I still found the place pretty good especially for the price.
Reply 44
Original post by Phizpop
Hey, I'm block G too - flat 189. I stayed in Cosmo last year but in a 2-bed flat with a loud, obnoxious, unclean food-stealer :frown:. I still found the place pretty good especially for the price.

Whattt please tell me more. Oh god I'm living in a 2-bed soon, how did you find sharing the tiny bathroom and how did you deal with the awful room mate. I can't believe they would steal food considering you're the only other person in the flat. The person you described would be my worst nightmare.
Are you living in a 2 bed this year?

Anyone moved in yet btw?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 45
Original post by Luxray
Whattt please tell me more. Oh god I'm living in a 2-bed soon, how did you find sharing the tiny bathroom and how did you deal with the awful room mate. I can't believe they would steal food considering you're the only other person in the flat. The person you described would be my worst nightmare.
Are you living in a 2 bed this year?

Anyone moved in yet btw?

Don't worry I think I was just really unlucky. After the first couple of months we just kind of kept out of each other's way which suited me. I knew a few other people in the 2-bed flats and they all had a great time.

The bathroom is pretty small and you'll probably have to keep your shower gel and stuff in your room but I got used to it. The kitchen is large enough though which is great when you have people round.

I'm gonna be moving in on sunday and hope I'm not the last but I've got a feeling most people will move in the next weekend.
Reply 46
I'll be moving in on saturday :smile:
I'm not moving in until next Monday, think I'm going to be the last one moving in lol
Reply 48
Nah, People won't be moving in until closer to the dates, I'm only moving in next week, because I have a wedding to attend the weekend before I actually start :3
Reply 49
Original post by Phizpop
Don't worry I think I was just really unlucky. After the first couple of months we just kind of kept out of each other's way which suited me. I knew a few other people in the 2-bed flats and they all had a great time.

The bathroom is pretty small and you'll probably have to keep your shower gel and stuff in your room but I got used to it. The kitchen is large enough though which is great when you have people round.

I'm gonna be moving in on sunday and hope I'm not the last but I've got a feeling most people will move in the next weekend.

Did he stop stealing stuff?
Yeah I plan on buying a wash bag to shove all my stuff in and keeping it in my room. Maybe just leave toothbrush and toothpaste at the sink. How did you share the fridge and freezer? did you both just have a shelf each?
I plan on moving in this weekend but freshers week for Man Uni is 16th so there isn't any rush for me :P
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 50
Original post by Luxray
Did he stop stealing stuff?
Yeah I plan on buying a wash bag to shove all my stuff in and keeping it in my room. Maybe just leave toothbrush and toothpaste at the sink. How did you share the fridge and freezer? did you both just have a shelf each?
I plan on moving in this weekend but freshers week for Man Uni is 16th so there isn't any rush for me :P

I'm sorry to say it was actually a she. Which made it totally awkward but after the 50th time finding I didn't have any cutlery left as it was all lying unwashed in the sink I moved all my stuff into my room and had a pretty decent time for the rest of the year.
The fridge wasn't used much but there was plenty of space for two people.

I'm at UoM too so it'll be a pretty boring week if no one else moves in until freshers week :/

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Phizpop
I'm sorry to say it was actually a she. Which made it totally awkward but after the 50th time finding I didn't have any cutlery left as it was all lying unwashed in the sink I moved all my stuff into my room and had a pretty decent time for the rest of the year.
The fridge wasn't used much but there was plenty of space for two people.

I'm at UoM too so it'll be a pretty boring week if no one else moves in until freshers week :/

Im planning on moving in the weekend before freshers :biggrin: Cant wait!!
Whats the atmosphere like in cosmo? It is social or does everyone just do their own thing?
Also how big are the bedrooms in the flat for 5 people? Ive seen pictures of the ensuite bathrooms and they look tiny :frown:
Are the kichens big and do they have 1 fridge or 2 in the bigger flats?

Sorry for all the questions lol its just hard to find much info about cosmo on the internet. :tongue:
Reply 52
Original post by Pikachu ^.^
Im planning on moving in the weekend before freshers :biggrin: Cant wait!!
Whats the atmosphere like in cosmo? It is social or does everyone just do their own thing?
Also how big are the bedrooms in the flat for 5 people? Ive seen pictures of the ensuite bathrooms and they look tiny :frown:
Are the kichens big and do they have 1 fridge or 2 in the bigger flats?

Sorry for all the questions lol its just hard to find much info about cosmo on the internet. :tongue:

Tbh it's as sociable as you make it. There are a lot of international students and most aren't first years so it's not as crazy as university halls but if you get on with your flatmates you'll definitely be busy practically every night for the first few weeks.

I think the bathrooms are the same size for the shared and ensuite flats so they're pretty small. As long as you're not expecting to perform some ballet or swing any cats in there it's manageable.

From what I remember the ensuite flats have two fridge/freezers but I think the flat sizes can range from 5-8 people so it might be a bit of a squeeze with 8.

Reply 53
Oh, and good luck moving in and starting uni :smile:

Reply 54
I've moved in now, At Grafton! Lookin' to make friends, anyone about? :biggrin:
Reply 55
I moved in today. I think a lot of other people seemed to have the same idea. Just starting to unpack which is a pain the the arse :/

Original post by WingL03
I've moved in now, At Grafton! Lookin' to make friends, anyone about? :biggrin:

Original post by Phizpop
I moved in today. I think a lot of other people seemed to have the same idea. Just starting to unpack which is a pain the the arse :/

Hey how are you finding it so far? Im guessing its going to be pretty empty and quiet. Do you mind taking a picture of your room and ensuite please? I've pretty much just started my shopping and should be moving in on the weekend :biggrin:
Reply 57
Original post by Phizpop

Do they have mirrors in the bedroom or just the bathroom?
Reply 58
Original post by Pikachu ^.^
Hey how are you finding it so far? Im guessing its going to be pretty empty and quiet. Do you mind taking a picture of your room and ensuite please? I've pretty much just started my shopping and should be moving in on the weekend :biggrin:

It's ok so far. Kitchen was a bit unclean when I moved in which I thought wouldn't be an issue. Everything else is great. It is kind of empty right now. A lot of international students seemed to be moving in today and I'm guessing by next weekend it'll be busy

Bathroom is really small...

Reply 59
Original post by Phizpop
It's ok so far. Kitchen was a bit unclean when I moved in which I thought wouldn't be an issue. Everything else is great. It is kind of empty right now. A lot of international students seemed to be moving in today and I'm guessing by next weekend it'll be busy

Bathroom is really small...

Wow i would expect the place to be spick and span unless theres someone already in your flat :confused: How many people are you sharing with?
Thanks alot for the pics doesnt look as small as i expected and i think i might go and buy a mirror for my room aswell.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending