The Student Room Group

post deleted

post deleted
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
Edinburgh is wonderful cosmopolitan uni with lots of international students. Its a vibrant city too. The countryside is easy to access and Edinburgh is a much more reputable uni than Bath Spa.
Reply 2
Original post by daphnefrancis
Hi, I hope you are all having a lovely week so far! I am currently a firm offer holder for English Literature at The University of Edinburgh, with English Literature and Publishing at Bath Spa as my insurance choice. I have been told I can still go to Bath Spa if I would like. I live 9 hours away from Edinburgh, and two and a half hours away from Bath. I have been really excited about Edinburgh, and the opportunities I will have. It is ranked much higher for my course. The city is stunning, and there is so much to do. However, I am becoming really anxious about being so far away. Bath Spa felt safe, and the student support seemed much better.

Personality-wise, I love exploring, studying, walking, reading, anything creative, picnics, and the rain. I would choose a museum or an afternoon in a bookshop over a night out any day. I don’t really drink, as I don’t enjoy the feeling of being drunk. I go on nights out, and don’t feel tempted to drink. I also enjoy doing things by myself as much as with other people.

I am really mixed between which to go to.
If you have any guidance or thoughts on this, I would really appreciate them, thank you! :smile:

Well I might be a wee bit biased here given that I am studying at Edinburgh... but I did have a flatmate who studied English Lit this year and quite enjoyed it. She was in her final year but said the Scottish Literature really fascinated her. In terms of the locations, I also considered Bath as an option when applying. Bath is of course a lovely little picturesque town but - and again I may be a little biased - you cannot beat Edinburgh on beauty. In terms of travel time, that's something you'll have to decide for yourself personally. 9 hours is quite a long trip but I'd say it's worth it. The only regard in which I would favour Bath is accommodation; a mate from Bath had his sorted at Christmas, whereas Scottish Law means that I'm going to be searching in August/September. Not a worry in first year anyways but bear in mind that Edinburgh has a housing crisis. Hope something in here helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending